Rapper Foolio shot and killed at his birthday party last night. RIP

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I’ve been thinking with all the rap murders that have occurred, who all actually had life insurance on them? Both personal and professional. Artists be signing things without reviewing the documents, I could imagine the record label slipping in something that gives a payout if the artist dies untimely.
And? So?

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
It would be fukked up and ironic in a sad way if in his death he provides 500,000 or so to already wealthy white vultures while his family benefits none. Supports the theory that either way these companies make money off the music, whether in life or death. Think about all those 1017 artists that have been dying lately. Just a thought, not a fact or nothing. Encourage death, just like they did with white rock stars in the 70s-80s. They were flooding them with drugs, knowing they would overdose, and get that insurance money payout.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It would be fukked up and ironic in a sad way if in his death he provides 500,000 or so to already wealthy white vultures while his family benefits none. Supports the theory that either way these companies make money off the music, whether in life or death. Think about all those 1017 artists that have been dying lately. Just a thought, not a fact or nothing.
So someone invest in you and they shouldnt get paid out if you crash out to get they investment back? Also, Isnt he signed to 1017?

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
So someone invest in you and they shouldnt get paid out if you crash out to get they investment back? Also, Isnt he signed to 1017?
Why am I investing in someone that can crash out? I see it as similar to shortening a stock, hoping it will fail because it’s worth more failing than keeping it and seeing marginal returns. They knew what they were investing in

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I’ve been thinking with all the rap murders that have occurred, who all actually had life insurance on them? Both personal and professional. Artists be signing things without reviewing the documents, I could imagine the record label slipping in something that gives a payout if the artist dies untimely.

If he was signed to any real label, he did have insurance and they were the beneficiary.

I thought this was common knowledge at this point?

It’s been discussed in the open for a little while.

Of course they have policies on employees who have a great chance of dying early.

Big money right there.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Imagine being a “famous” rapper and getting killed at the holiday inn. When are these cats going to learn how to move???

was living paranoid dodging a court summons… I can only imagine how hidden I would be if I had real ops.

Also…. He got the same energy he put out in the world. No real sympathy.
Is he famous? This thread is literally the first time I’ve heard of him.