Rapper Eve Reveals Jay-Z Called When Her Debut Album Dropped & Told Her Not to Get Her Hopes Up Because Female Rappers "Don't Really Do That Well

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
He was right

He congratulated her but let her know don’t get your hopes to high, nothing wrong with that

Another non story people going to be in they feelings about, like eve dumb ass
nikka he wasn't right. Lol. It was some hating ass shyt there was plenty successful female rappers beyond one album. Do u know how many nikkas is one album wonders if u wanna take it there?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
where's the lie? She is one of like 8 successful woman rappers ever
If u don't see nothing wrong with a nikka calling up an artist saying some shyt like that meanwhile trying to push his own female artist i don't know what to tell u. Lol. There wasn't as many female rappers in general so that's why the comparison is dumb. Cause for the sample size. The percentages weren't much worse.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
He told The Game something similar :russ:
Jay is a different type of cat. A blunt reality type. In his mind he helping her keep her options open. And 99% of the time he’d be right. But being the bearer of blunt reality can come across as a dream killer

Im short gang and to this day I remember killin it at open runs as a freshman. Called up to JV, varsity coach pulled me to the side ‘you’re really , really good….but you’re short :francis:.’ And just slowly walked off. :damn:Basically gave me the ‘you’re not making the nba ngga hit the books’ speech early. Jay is THAT type ngga

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
He was right

He congratulated her but let her know don’t get your hopes to high, nothing wrong with that

Another non story people going to be in they feelings about, like eve dumb ass
That's not something you say to someone you have good intentions for on their debut

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
If u don't see nothing wrong with a nikka calling up an artist saying some shyt like that meanwhile trying to push his own female artist i don't know what to tell u. Lol. There wasn't as many female rappers in general so that's why the comparison is dumb. Cause for the sample size. The percentages weren't much worse.
Oh, its a jerk move for sure. And he was probably saying that because he knew he was about to bury Amil. It wasn't WRONG but it was an a$$hole call to make if thats how it went down

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
Not to hate, but her career kinda proved his point, no? Might have been out of the loop, but didn't hear much about her after her debut.

Daps
Camel has done or said enough despicable shyt to where y'all don't have to get upset over EVERYTHING he does, now.

Sounds like he was just keeping things real with her while still encouraging her with a bit of praise at the same time.