Rapper Eve Reveals Jay-Z Called When Her Debut Album Dropped & Told Her Not to Get Her Hopes Up Because Female Rappers "Don't Really Do That Well

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I mean they weren't really rivals as they were all on Def Jam. Hell they had the Hard Knock Life Tour together and almost had a super group with Jay, X, and Ja.

Eve dropping and going platinum off the strength of lyrics and not trying to fukk on wax was crazy for the time. Hence why Jay was goofy as hell calling Eve with that corny shyt, when he lucked up with the Annie sample.
He ain't want anyone encroaching onto Foxy's territory

MiNuhKno1

Rookie
Daps
I mean they weren't really rivals as they were all on Def Jam. Hell they had the Hard Knock Life Tour together and almost had a super group with Jay, X, and Ja.

Eve dropping and going platinum off the strength of lyrics and not trying to fukk on wax was crazy for the time. Hence why Jay was goofy as hell calling Eve with that corny shyt, when he lucked up with the Annie sample.
Eve was never signed to Def Jam. Her album came out on Ruff Ryders/Interscope. Dmx was the only Ruff Ryder on Def Jam until Jadakiss in the late ‘00s.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Eve was never signed to Def Jam. Her album came out on Ruff Ryders/Interscope. Dmx was the only Ruff Ryder on Def Jam until Jadakiss in the late ‘00s.

Oh damn I always get Ruff Ryders being signed to Def Jam confused, but it was X that was signed. I forgot about Interscope lol

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I understand why you asked thi question.

Cause its corny for Jay to even be talking about biz with other artist on the label.

That would be like Kodak Black telling Cardi B on Atlantic that odont get your hopes up for success when Bodak Yellow Popped.

And even Kodaks would still have a reason to speak to Cardi, Hov had no reason whats so ever to say that.

Right..like unless you are her label head, why would you comment to her like that