Rapper Eve Reveals Jay-Z Called When Her Debut Album Dropped & Told Her Not to Get Her Hopes Up Because Female Rappers "Don't Really Do That Well

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let me edit that post.. I was being sarcastic..because what other reason outside of being her label head would you say that to her for

Well part of her memoir is going to be about how much misogyny she had to overcome in the industry. So this Jay story is probably light compared to what else she's gonna reveal. But if she wants to get people interested in her book this is the perfect excerpt to use as bait.

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
nikkas in here tryna defend and then wonder why X always felt a way about Jay during that time. Lol. nikka was pulling shyt like that. Meanwhile trying to push his own female artist in that time frame.
What kinda music did X make once Jay got the def jam gig :comeon:

He was making wack ass music & mad Jay aint want to put it out :martin:

Daps
until the memoir is released, then we have to wait and see how this quote plays within context. Maybe it was a fuel behind branching out to acting/TV.... or staying hungry so that she could have a great 2nd/3rd albums.... or being satisfied going like 3x plat instead of what DMX charted at.

Hard to honestly say until we find out where it lands.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The framing of private, wildly incomplete, conversations to support one side or another....just weird.

even a transcript, you couldn't get tone, or intent, or the nature of their interactions.

The Eve/RR era was me at 14, it was a special time. Had everyone fukking with Eve mostly because of the RR sweeping of the industry.