Rap Sh!t Starring KaMillion, Aida Osman, Jonica Booth (Created by Issa Rae) ((Show Has Been Cancelled Brehs)) || [Discussion Thread]

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will watch again, but

what is the Red Bull deal? They have a record label?

The scenes between Alex and Chasity are so uncomfortable.

Was Maurice all embittered at the end because Shawna missed his going away party with his family?

Thought the show very cleverly satirized social media/rap culture, and social media in general in those scenes of the back to IG lives.

They really turned Maurice into a bytch ass emotional ass nikka. Dude didn't even really want to go to the party himself. I'm not sure if I can say if Mia and Shawna did the right thing. But they had a hit on their hands and I don't think it would have been a smart move to walk away from that. Taking the Red bull deal would have left them with no producers since Lamont wasn't with it. But I'm not sure any of this is worth discussing because I'm not confident we'll get a S3. I haven't seen much mention of this show at all outsider of this thread.
Everybody tough until its time to go to jail. Thats what his issue was. She coulda came to the party and he still woulda been pouting, prolly woulda been distant and shyt. I appreciate showing a nikka that aint bout that life. Most nikkas scamming and/or in the streets aint and it usually dont click until they ass get some time.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Everybody tough until its time to go to jail. Thats what his issue was. She coulda came to the party and he still woulda been pouting, prolly woulda been distant and shyt. I appreciate showing a nikka that aint bout that life. Most nikkas scamming and/or in the streets aint and it usually dont click until they ass get some time.

Right, that's hilarious. He's shown as one of those guys who can't take responsibility. Jail and all that comes with it can be hard, and I remember that feeling too-- being 18 and feeling like my homies let me down, or whatever, but they didn't, it was all on me, I had to accept responsibility for my actions. Not that I need to blame myself for EVERYTHING, the same way Maurice came from a Zoe family, whatever whatever, we are all products of somewhere and some place.

but part of growth is acceptance and responsibility. He has to accept Shawna has to make her own moves. Better for her to be hitting her marks career wise than sitting on a couch at some house in Lil Hati.

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Not surprised :francis:

Definitely wasn't a proper series finale, but they wrapped the story up decent in retrospect. They sold out, the end :ld:
Shawna running from the feds, and Mia got more problems than a little bit, they couldn't stop the train.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Show got Zaslav’d. Never had a chance for a 3rd season with current WBD leadership.

Issa should look to get out of her WBD deal ASAP.

This is probably on point. The date being pushed too, from August to November. Loved the show, hope it will end up somewhere else, it had or has the potential to be a major success. But, that metric is ever shifting and under constant pressure under Zasalav.

Issa has the star power and capital to make moves after this if she wants, she went to HBO for the budget and the prestige, but the dynamics changed a lot over there. It could have a home on Netflix, easily.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

HBO is having its own issues. Back at the dawn of the prestige era, “The Sopranos” battled NBC’s “The West Wing” every year for the title of outstanding drama series. It finally won in 2004, initiating the reign of HBO, which culminated in a record 12 Emmys for “Game of Thrones” in 2015 — a feat it repeated in 2016 and again in 2019. In 2023, HBO had a whopping four shows up for outstanding drama series, including the eventual winner, “Succession,” as well as “The White Lotus,” “The Last of Us” and “House of the Dragon.”

This might seem like proof that the original disrupter is back on top. But there’s a problem: The HBO we once applauded as the avatar of quality programming no longer exists in its previous form. As a result of the current mania for mergers, WarnerMedia, which owned HBO, merged with Discovery in the deal that created Warner Bros. Discovery. In the process, its streaming arm was rebranded. HBO Max, its new moniker, was reduced to, simply, Max, a hollow handle suggesting, at best, “more” or “most” — but certainly not quality.

HBO’s programming is now diluted by appearing alongside shows like the upcoming reality series “Human vs Hamster.” As strong as HBO’s slate of Emmy nominees for outstanding drama may have appeared, “House of the Dragon” is a prequel, “The White Lotus” is an anthology series, “The Last of Us” is based on a video game and “Succession” has ended its run.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia

HBO is having its own issues. Back at the dawn of the prestige era, “The Sopranos” battled NBC’s “The West Wing” every year for the title of outstanding drama series. It finally won in 2004, initiating the reign of HBO, which culminated in a record 12 Emmys for “Game of Thrones” in 2015 — a feat it repeated in 2016 and again in 2019. In 2023, HBO had a whopping four shows up for outstanding drama series, including the eventual winner, “Succession,” as well as “The White Lotus,” “The Last of Us” and “House of the Dragon.”

This might seem like proof that the original disrupter is back on top. But there’s a problem: The HBO we once applauded as the avatar of quality programming no longer exists in its previous form. As a result of the current mania for mergers, WarnerMedia, which owned HBO, merged with Discovery in the deal that created Warner Bros. Discovery. In the process, its streaming arm was rebranded. HBO Max, its new moniker, was reduced to, simply, Max, a hollow handle suggesting, at best, “more” or “most” — but certainly not quality.

HBO’s programming is now diluted by appearing alongside shows like the upcoming reality series “Human vs Hamster.” As strong as HBO’s slate of Emmy nominees for outstanding drama may have appeared, “House of the Dragon” is a prequel, “The White Lotus” is an anthology series, “The Last of Us” is based on a video game and “Succession” has ended its run.

It's crazy that HBO still bring the most quality shows year after year and even those feel like shells of what they used to produce cause like the article says, they're formulaic predestined hit shows, rather than shows that catch on with the public.