Rap Sh!t Starring KaMillion, Aida Osman, Jonica Booth (Created by Issa Rae) ((Show Has Been Cancelled Brehs)) || [Discussion Thread]

Jack Jules

Rookie
Daps

giphy.gif

The said black projects was gonna get it the worst after the strike :francis:
Striking Black screenwriters fear the job market will shrink
That sense of uneasiness is widely shared among Black writers. Like most WGA members, many remain supportive of the strike, but they also fear there will be a contraction of projects that will disproportionately affect them once Hollywood gets back to work.

“You were already seeing something that felt like a trend within the business, which was some of the diverse projects either not moving forward when they should have, or being canceled when they shouldn’t have,” says Ben Watkins, WGA member and executive producer, writer and showrunner behind the TV series “Hand of God” and “Cross,” an upcoming TV series based on James Patterson’s Alex Cross novels.

“There’s a track record of when there are disruptions within the industry and the industry starts to figure out who they are again — that writers of color and diversity-driven projects seem to disproportionately suffer,” Watkins adds.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
i feel like the problem with this show is none of the characters were that likable

With insecure women rooted for Issa and dudes rooted for Lawrence, then you had your molly fans, etc. Feel like its a hard sell with this show with all the characters being scammers
It was hard to root for em cause both them became damn near brain dead by season 2

Shawna was flip-flopping between lord ak and her new scammer bf it was hard to understand who she really had feelings for and Mia played herself by fukkin with 2 other nikkas outside of her bd. The only thing redemmable was Shawna standing up to the white girl rapper

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It was hard to root for em cause both them became damn near brain dead by season 2

Shawna was flip-flopping between lord ak and her new scammer bf it was hard to understand who she really had feelings for and Mia played herself by fukkin with 2 other nikkas outside of her bd. The only thing redemmable was Shawna standing up to the white girl rapper

Also felt like that storyline was corny. Like yeah, i understand what they’re doing by representing that side of appropriation rap but a character that annoying and obvious wouldn’t last a day in the era we’re in

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
i feel like the problem with this show is none of the characters were that likable

With insecure women rooted for Issa and dudes rooted for Lawrence, then you had your molly fans, etc. Feel like its a hard sell with this show with all the characters being scammers
Chasity is likeable, they should do a spinoff with her.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'd never watch this shyt, but I met kamillion not too long ago, had no idea she was part of any of this, I just knew loosely that she made music and one of my partners made some tracks wit her

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If you're show isn't a cultural phenomenon then what chance does it really have? :francis:

I thought Rap Sh!t was an ok watch but it didn't have to crush buildings. It's okay to be a niche show for a niche audience. It's truly a depressing message to the future of diversity in television. Or lack there of. Like these studios aren't making it easy in being a TV fan.