Rap Sh!t Starring KaMillion, Aida Osman, Jonica Booth (Created by Issa Rae) ((Show Has Been Cancelled Brehs)) || [Discussion Thread]

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Exactly. She pulled some sucka shyt linking up with him. Even if Francois does Mia and Shawna dirty, there's no way Gat is truly fukking with Duke past using her to get back at the group.
Pretty sure she realizes that. But I would assume she wants to pimp him before he can pimp her.

Daps
I mean I don't blame her for making the jump but of all people you choose to fukk with Gat, Duke? :smh:

All of what people? What other contacts did she have even remotely as clouted as Gat that would fukk with her no artist having ass? She burned the one bridge she had trying to fight for Shawna/Mia and they still dropped her.

If they dropped her before all that, she could’ve at least still worked the Red Bull chick, but their timing left her back at square one with nothing to show for it after wasting considerable time, effort, and money on them. She has every right to be pissed.

Exactly. She pulled some sucka shyt linking up with him. Even if Francois does Mia and Shawna dirty, there's no way Gat is truly fukking with Duke past using her to get back at the group.

Pretty sure she realizes that. But I would assume she wants to pimp him before he can pimp her.

Yea she’s no dummy. She knows exactly why Gat is fukking with her. She almost certainly sold getting back at Shawna/Mia to even get that meeting with Gat. They have a common enemy. I don’t see how linking with Gat is sucker shyt…she don’t owe Shawna/Mia shyt.

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
All of what people? What other contacts did she have even remotely as clouted as Gat that would fukk with her no artist having ass? She burned the one bridge she had trying to fight for Shawna/Mia and they still dropped her.
It's an expression breh but we all know that shyt ain't worth it with Gat.

Daps
It's an expression breh but we all know that shyt ain't worth it with Gat.
Not worth what, exactly?

The only thing this is costing her is whatever’s left of her relationship with Shawna/Mia. If all she gets out of Gat is an invitation to an industry party, I’d say it was worth it. She’s a hustler, she knows it’s her move once she gets in the door.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Not worth what, exactly?

The only thing this is costing her is whatever’s left of her relationship with Shawna/Mia. If all she gets out of Gat is an invitation to an industry party, I’d say it was worth it. She’s a hustler, she knows it’s her move once she gets in the door.

Facts
she got nothing to lose at this point.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Will watch again, but

what is the Red Bull deal? They have a record label?

The scenes between Alex and Chasity are so uncomfortable.

Was Maurice all embittered at the end because Shawna missed his going away party with his family?

Thought the show very cleverly satirized social media/rap culture, and social media in general in those scenes of the back to IG lives.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-Gat Murdah? What a fukkin joke
- Mia a Hoodboogery to the bone
- they bars make me real life ready for this thotrap experiment to be over
-Trust hoe ass blondes named francois
-cousin Zoe was supposed to be a gangsta

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
They really turned Maurice into a bytch ass emotional ass nikka. Dude didn't even really want to go to the party himself. I'm not sure if I can say if Mia and Shawna did the right thing. But they had a hit on their hands and I don't think it would have been a smart move to walk away from that. Taking the Red bull deal would have left them with no producers since Lamont wasn't with it. But I'm not sure any of this is worth discussing because I'm not confident we'll get a S3. I haven't seen much mention of this show at all outsider of this thread.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
They did my girl Chasity dirty. Cut throat business. One thing that Issa Rae gets right and incorporates is the pervasiveness of social media in our day to day lives. The music business is all about going viral and Mia and Shawna can’t play that artist development shyt.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
They really turned Maurice into a bytch ass emotional ass nikka. Dude didn't even really want to go to the party himself. I'm not sure if I can say if Mia and Shawna did the right thing. But they had a hit on their hands and I don't think it would have been a smart move to walk away from that. Taking the Red bull deal would have left them with no producers since Lamont wasn't with it. But I'm not sure any of this is worth discussing because I'm not confident we'll get a S3. I haven't seen much mention of this show at all outsider of this thread.

Was that what they were showing? I still haven't watched again, but I thought maybe he was going to give her ups to the feds, because all of the sudden his cousin is all cool with him. And he says "I just want to know if I am doing the right thing", as in he decided to turn her over, because she missed the party. I didn't understand those scenes.

but, they def. showed that he was irritated/hurt about her not going, because of her social medial crisis. This show better than any I have seen shows the effects of social media, and like another poster said the pervasiveness of social media. She plans to accompany her lover to a party before he goes to JAIL, it wasn't like an every day party or BBQ or something lol, it was the mans going away party

but yeah he was acting like a little kid.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Was that what they were showing? I still haven't watched again, but I thought maybe he was going to give her ups to the feds, because all of the sudden his cousin is all cool with him. And he says "I just want to know if I am doing the right thing", as in he decided to turn her over, because she missed the party. I didn't understand those scenes.

but, they def. showed that he was irritated/hurt about her not going, because of her social medial crisis. This show better than any I have seen shows the effects of social media, and like another poster said the pervasiveness of social media. She plans to accompany her lover to a party before he goes to JAIL, it wasn't like an every day party or BBQ or something lol, it was the mans going away party

but yeah he was acting like a little kid.
He implied he might give her up by saying he never deleted the recordings, which seemed to please his cousin. But then they showed him taking mugshots with no indication he got any kind of deal. I was just saying him deciding to flip on Shawna was some goofy shyt. And for what, to go from doing 15 months to 6? I doubt he would have done the whole 15 anyway.