Rap Sh!t Starring KaMillion, Aida Osman, Jonica Booth (Created by Issa Rae) ((Show Has Been Cancelled Brehs)) || [Discussion Thread]

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
catching up on the last 2 episodes. I looked up buddy who plays francois boom, and apparently he's not from harlem :dame:

winslow-odd-fellow.gif

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-Then thirst trap pics looking cheeky
- they manager annoying
- nah. They ain't Neva got her eating chicken in the interview
-why this fool stay hatin' on Shawna. shyt corny
-Dike I mean Duke got them grits n gravy. B&E style

Last edited:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
The girl who plays Shawna…wtf is Earl Sweatshirt doing with all that body? Lol

At this point I’m only watching this show to see her cankles. I’m in love with that chunky bih.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Dope episode. Duke must really be down bad to resort to burglary in such a public fashion :francis: Mia really out here dikk hopping. She finna have Lamont put her ass in the ground playing these stupid games. Shawna in that blue outfit :ohlawd:
Shawna is so fukking fine. It’s unreal. And her one liners kill me. “That’s fukked up, we’re in a drought.” :russ:

Dope to see LaRussell on here too.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I don't see how someone likes the first season but dislikes this, it's very much thematically and visually, and writing wise, essentially the same, with the characters following similar arcs of almost any second season of a dramedy/drama series.

I think it's really really good, and not like anything else on TV, where else can I see a semi serious/satire examination of rap culture/relationships/misogyny/scamming/ modern dateing norms, like texts and instagram, the darker side of a rap tour, the backstage kind of abuse/antics of rappers, that's pretty funny and engaging? Other shows do that, but they aren' RAP culture based, and don't have HBO production values.

I've never seen a show where the main character, sexy as she is, stomach growls, before sex. That's an Issa Rae/Insecure moment. And one I have seen and experienced myself lol

The show is also fairly low stakes. Some federal fraud charges. A low level car break in. A trash motel. Low drama. Just kind of the messiness of everyday life, a little closer to the hood, to the rap world, to the trap, than Insecure, but same kind of thing.