Rap Sh!t Starring KaMillion, Aida Osman, Jonica Booth (Created by Issa Rae) ((Show Has Been Cancelled Brehs)) || [Discussion Thread]

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
Maurice gonna throw Shawna under the bus......Mia and Chastity should have had Shawnas back because Mia was complaining when Shawna didn't have her back after she had that altercation at that other event last season
Shawna needs to get thrown off Earth man...her character is so annoying and wack. Are they writing her to purposefully be hated on? She's not an antagonist, why are they making her so unlikable? Like the stud said STFU and play your role. Either you're all in with the thot rapper image or you bounce to become wannabe Rapsody. Get it together

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shawna needs to get thrown off Earth man...her character is so annoying and wack. Are they writing her to purposefully be hated on? She's not an antagonist, why are they making her so unlikable? Like the stud said STFU and play your role. Either you're all in with the thot rapper image or you bounce to become wannabe Rapsody. Get it together

She is having inner conflict about selling out. This is how she is supposed to act and feel. It’s probably a lot of artists that feel that way at a certain point in their career.

With that said, the Diddy character in episode 2 was fukked up. :heh: He gives me strong TLR vibes.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Stop talking about my wife like that…

Mia this episode… :takedat:

(shyt… should probably stop using this smiley)

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Show seems as strong as the first season to me. Should be 2 episodes each drop. It's a fairly thoughtful show, underneath a lot of the laughs, and very contemporary. Very timely. Even the use of texts, Maurice's passive thumbs up of her texts, to Mia's mistake in the last few minutes, of course that is common trope in TV/movies going back before decades, but his instant ? of the text lol

I hate when people do that. Just ask me a question.

of course is uses a lot of well worn scenarios, the road trip, the bonding, the mis match, the love triangles (Mia really wants Lamont)

but it has a lot of subtle good stuff about it. The use of women's bodies is very different than any show I have ever seen, this mainstream. Mia and Shawna are nowhere near what leading women normally look like.

Last edited:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Marshall told this fukkin nincompoop to stay away from Dusty Haitian Cuh and she calls him... :snoop:

Her moms was right about her continuously making stupid decisions.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Not sure if it's been brought up but Mia is a certified hood-booger. I'm glad she fukked that text up mainly because every time she hit a lick, she starts acting funny with Lamont. Cuh was just tryna have a genuine conversation about the tour and she started acting stupid.

that's kinda of their dynamic, Mia, like some women I know, is almost incapable of of being genuine or vulnerable, her and Lamont's convos though are based on a long term dynamic, that's almost like fraternal, and some mutual contempt, but also just knowing someone so well.

She meets almost every attempt at genuine convo with a joke, or dismissal, it's avoidance. She does almost the same with the rapper. He's really cool and open, and she avoids it almost every time. She alludes to this in her convo with her friends.

The text is of course, a typical/sitcom/movie approach to complicate relationships, but without putting too much on it, the show clearly highlights Mia' transactional approach, which is very common, but the way men/women approach each other, right? Got em. Like a hunter or prize. Doesn't treat the person as another human.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
that's kinda of their dynamic, Mia, like some women I know, is almost incapable of of being genuine or vulnerable, her and Lamont's convos though are based on a long term dynamic, that's almost like fraternal, and some mutual contempt, but also just knowing someone so well.

She meets almost every attempt at genuine convo with a joke, or dismissal, it's avoidance. She does almost the same with the rapper. He's really cool and open, and she avoids it almost every time. She alludes to this in her convo with her friends.

The text is of course, a typical/sitcom/movie approach to complicate relationships, but without putting too much on it, the show clearly highlights Mia' transactional approach, which is very common, but the way men/women approach each other, right? Got em. Like a hunter or prize. Doesn't treat the person as another human.
I said this last season.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

I don't think that is entirely the case with her. She did that at the end of last season with Lamont. When she thought she came up, she kicked him to the curb.

Lamont gives it to her straight in the first episode and even tells her he ain't tryna go there with her but he still supports her. What happens next episode? Cash flies her out and she starts acting funny with Lamont again.

That's Hood Rat 101.