Rap Sh!t Starring KaMillion, Aida Osman, Jonica Booth (Created by Issa Rae) ((Show Has Been Cancelled Brehs)) || [Discussion Thread]

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can’t stand this show. Most of these characters are scum. They operate as vessels for whatever the story needs. Issues are resolved or forgotten quickly and most things are underdeveloped. I get that it’s a 30 minute show but it’s so predictable and feels hollow. Idk how you can make caricatures of a stereotype but has manage to do that for me.

I couldn’t help but think you know how women nowadays says Disney effed them up with unrealistic expectations with the princess stuff. I don’t know how you could watch this show and not see it’s following the same path. I watched insecure for a couple seasons but it wasn’t as grating as watching this.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Perfect season of television. Would watch another 4 episodes.

I can't think of another show that so subtly and consistently made social commentary without being preachy or overly obvious. Issa Rae has been masterful at creating a fusion of commentary/entertainment, that never feels or rarely feels over scripted or forced.

This is most innovative thing on TV, I think, as far as the dozen or so shows I have watched this year.

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
Almost every character projected false confidence and were surprised when people bought the act and were willing to follow or concede.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Shawna dumb as hell caught up scamming and kicking her dusty 1995 raps at a party :dead:

Mia should have gotten with Lamont, he the only solid dude on the damn show smh. Her story was the better of the pair this season, pretty compelling. Her fine ass friends need to stay on the show.

Hope we don't see lame ass Cliff again. He really acted up like a bytch bc his girl upped her sex game and wasn't palling around him at a industry party. Goofy

Francois Boom weirdo ass is not to be trusted. I can't take the guy seriously at all. I like the Woah Vicky parody they did with Reina Reign :mjlol:

Chastity...meh. not too interested in her story. Her hoes were nice though

I was kinda underwhelmed by the show tbh. Expected more from Issa and the team after insecure. They definitely need to call back the lady who did all the cinematography/director of photography on Insecure

Decent foundation. Let's see what they come up with next

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Its funny that when discussing the music industry Issa Rae was saying its the most corrupt industry, so what does she do?

Go and make a show with Coach K and P as exec producers :dead: . She know damn well QC is fukking over all their artists by being their label and management. Doing the same shyt paying with jewelry and cars instead of money. Offset suing them right now, isn't he?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Y'all think Shawna not having a Miami accent was intentional or not? It kind of takes me out of the show at times. Mia's scenes feel much more authentic.

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Y'all think Shawna not having a Miami accent was intentional or not? It kind of takes me out of the show at times. Mia's scenes feel much more authentic.

She sounds East Coast to me. What's her ethnicity?

I thought she was Dominican but her real life mom wears a hijab and gowns??