Rap Sh!t Starring KaMillion, Aida Osman, Jonica Booth (Created by Issa Rae) ((Show Has Been Cancelled Brehs)) || [Discussion Thread]

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Perfect season of television. Would watch another 4 episodes.

I can't think of another show that so subtly and consistently made social commentary without being preachy or overly obvious. Issa Rae has been masterful at creating a fusion of commentary/entertainment, that never feels or rarely feels over scripted or forced.

This is most innovative thing on TV, I think, as far as the dozen or so shows I have watched this year.
This some old pretentious bullshyt for this basic ass show. This ziggy stanning Donald Glover/atlanta levels of :russ:

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By the way, shortys Miami accent is too damn extra. she doin too much.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This some old pretentious bullshyt for this basic ass show. This ziggy stanning Donald Glover/atlanta levels of :russ:

That's kind of the nature of criticism/review for movie/tv/art/fashion/literature

The social media part, is there another show that has done something like this, as effective? I've seem a few, and none were executed as well as this.

To me, there's nothing else like it playing/streaming now, that says something about it's good qualities, like when Insecure premiered, there wasn't anything near that. And now there are a few similar shows, Run The World for one, I do think it's innovative and pretty brilliant for a 30 min comedy/drama show about aspiring rappers in Miami.

Last edited:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Wow so Aida Osman (shawna) is a story editor on the show and wrote on eof the episodes. Apparently she was a story editor on that HBO show about the female skaters Betty too and wrote for the Netflix show big mouth

Got her break by posting a viral tweet
:ohhh:

Wtf am I doing with my life :mjcry: . About to drop the male version of seduce and scheme and change shyt :mjgrin: up

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
She sounds East Coast to me. What's her ethnicity?

I thought she was Dominican but her real life mom wears a hijab and gowns??
Apparently she's Eritrean and was raised Muslim, which explains ma dukes rocking the hijab. I think that Rubi Rose broad is Eritrean too. Both are easy on the eyes :ehh:
why Yung Miami curve Southside like that just cause Diddy threw her a few stacks :mjcry:

It's a dirty game breh :francis:

Last edited:

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Chasity did a interview with vulture.com

Code:
https://www.vulture.com/article/rap-shyt-jonica-booth-interview.html

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
"Don’t be a hard rock when you really are a gem baby girl" - L boogie

Mia better watch out because she's already proven she's not really about that heaux life when that White guy in New York tried to run a train on her.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-this Becky is like Jenna Shea,Kreayshaw , Igloo Australia and every other annoying white girl I've ever met all in one
-tell.a stud to pull her dicc our, brehs
-ay Shawnna deaf roommate could get this dee.
-they making lightskindid dudes look crazy on this show
-lol baby did her babyfarvuh filthy

-oo so they just all gone co0n for YesJulz?

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Code:
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/rap-shyt-issa-rae-aida-osman-kamillion-raedio-seduce-scheme-1235360855/amp/