Rap Sh!t Starring KaMillion, Aida Osman, Jonica Booth (Created by Issa Rae) ((Show Has Been Cancelled Brehs)) || [Discussion Thread]

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
aww damn thatā€™s some really good guessesā€¦the sex tape especially would elicit that reactionā€¦I know the city girls are involved in producing the showā€¦didnā€™t know they were gonna loosely follow the trajectory of their career thoā€¦thatā€™s cool

*edit*

ok idk much about the city girlsā€¦I do know one went to jailā€¦just looked up why and seen it was for credit card fraud which I didnā€™t know
Yea theyā€™re pretty on the nose about loosely basing the story on them. Down to Mia not always rapping on beat :russ:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The text bubbles kind of indicate that he wasn't responding for less dramatic reasons that getting arrested, but that may just be for red herring sake.

I almost couldn't watch that freestyle moment, what a hilarious and poignant scene.

I do think the show is saying something, much like Insecure's best moments, about perhaps the foolishness or misguidedness of asking friends for advice on deeply personal matters, especially involving relationships, because I think mostly people view others through their own lens, and with their biases and experiences, and tend to give advice from a perspective of solidarity, rather than actual objective (or as close to it as possible)

I already know NOT to ask most of my male friends about any women because their only perspective will be "fukk that bytch", essentially.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
I think either cliff releases a sex tape of them or Maurice gets arrested. If they follow the City Girls storyline, Shawna (JT) gets arrested right as theyā€™re about to blow up and Mia (Miami) holds them down career wise until she gets out.

They would need to hook up with someone like P from Quality Control. The lil dyke ain't cutting it.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Shawna trying to kick knowledge and fukking the bag up. She right about the stud manager tho
I donā€™t think so. Obviously sheā€™s not good enough to take them all the way to the top, but sheā€™s directly responsible for them going viral and got them a performance at that party. Most big artists have a professional manager and a day to day manager and sheā€™d be perfect for that role.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
I donā€™t think so. Obviously sheā€™s not good enough to take them all the way to the top, but sheā€™s directly responsible for them going viral and got them a performance at that party. Most big artists have a professional manager and a day to day manager and sheā€™d be perfect for that role.
She gotta cut out the pimping and drug dealing if she gone be legit.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what: Sheā€™s sexy as fukk what are you taking about?

I will not allow you nikkas to besmirch my ladyā€™s good name god dammit :birdman:
Sheā€™s a half and half sheā€™s sexy but she isnā€™t though itā€™s some ole weird nether world shyt