Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
KD2
KD3
Magic 2
Magic 1
KD1

Each album really excels at something different but I put KD2 at number 1 because I feel it excels at EVERYTHING.

Magic 2 is lyrically and flow wise the best of the bunch. Its also a great summer car ride album. It BANGS in the whip. KD1 is a nighttime ride/listening album. Magic is for winter listening. KD3 is for cleaning the house/shopping. KD2 is for the headphones PLUS a great whip album PLUS has the best music videos PLUS sounds great live PLUS has all of the best of what Nas has to offer PLUS has the best features list. KD2 is the COMPLETE package.
Somebody sounds excited :heh:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Somebody sounds excited :heh:

Would it make you more comfortable if I was miserably lamenting every album because it lacked beats from Alchemist and Harry Fraud? Perhaps I should scurry to twitter and look for posts about how bad Hit Boy’s beats are and why Pete Rock should be executive producing Nas albums from here on out? Would that make me a cool kid?

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
KD3 (five mics)
Magic (five mics)
KD2
KD1
Magic 2

KD3 and Magic are perfect albums, and definitely the height of what Nas and Hit-Boy have been doing over these last three years. I would rank KD3 at #1 because it's longer, but Magic was incredible and it's the rawest Nas album we've gotten in a long time. Maybe since Untitled?

KD2 is borderline perfect and was a huge step up from KD1. I've said this a million times, but it's like Nas and Hit-Boy found some new equipment and experimented with new technology because sonically, it hits hard in a way that KD1 didn't. It was like Life is Good mixed with Late Registration. Literally the only thing I don't like about the album is Eminem's verse on "EPMD 2." The song was hot before he started rapping about Taco Bell and Santa Claus. :francis:

KD1 still sounds fresh after three years. It has this happy, warm quality to it and sounds like the beginning of a new era. I still make the :scust: face when "Blue Benz" comes on and Nas starts rapping. We needed this album, not just because it was the true follow-up to Life is Good, but because of what the pandemic was doing to us. KD1 was one of the best things about the summer of 2020.

Magic 2 is dope, and there are definitely standouts ("Motion," "Slow it Down," "Pistols on Your Album Cover"), but I can admit it's a step down from the previous albums and the energy is more muted this time. It's obviously more evolved than KD1, but it doesn't have as much significance or value as KD1 does. The good thing about this album is I feel like longtime critics are finally catching on to 0how great this era has been and giving Nas and Hit-Boy their credit. I think if more time is spent on the next album, it could definitely reach KD3/Magic levels.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Would it make you more comfortable if I was miserably lamenting every album because it lacked beats from Alchemist and Harry Fraud? Perhaps I should scurry to twitter and look for posts about how bad Hit Boy’s beats are and why Pete Rock should be executive producing Nas albums from here on out? Would that make me a cool kid?

Calm down, Junior I was just chuckling at your excitement :skip:

Magic 2 >> Kings Disease

Magic >>> Allum

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
KD 3
Magic
KD 2
KD 1
Magic 2

Overall
  1. Illatmic
  2. IWW
  3. Lost tapes
  4. Stillmatic
  5. Life is good
  6. KD 3
  7. Magic
  8. KD 2
  9. KD 1
  10. God Son
  11. Untitled
  12. I Am
  13. HipHop is dead
  14. Magic
  15. Nastradamus
  16. Lost tapes
  17. Streets disciple
  18. Nasir

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
KD3
KD2 (actually has the best highs, but I felt KD3 was most consistent)
Magic
Magic 2
KD1