Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Miami lost 6 in a row tho? Does seem like they (Jimmy) been running on fumes since 2020, overachieving with only minimal roster improvements.

I like the Pelicans but as currently constructed their optimistic ceiling is probably a 2nd round exit. Mainly because OKC may be too young and MIN may be too dumb to advance.

Same with Dallas. Clearly 2nd tier at best, but these Luka-system teams are unpredictable. They had a favorable path 2-years ago that got them to the WCFs but then last year couldn’t win 38 games. This year they’re staying afloat but fully healthy they’d probably still be a coin flip vs SAC and NOP.

Don’t kno what to say about PHI or Embiid. It’s always something. Him being the favored pick to win mvp only to disqualify himself by not playing enough games would be… so par the course. Then the inevitable injury in round 1 of the playoffs.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Miami lost 6 in a row tho? Does seem like they (Jimmy) been running on fumes since 2020, overachieving with only minimal roster improvements.

I like the Pelicans but as currently constructed their optimistic ceiling is probably a 2nd round exit. Mainly because OKC may be too young and MIN may be too dumb to advance.

Same with Dallas. Clearly 2nd tier at best, but these Luka-system teams are unpredictable. They had a favorable path 2-years ago that got them to the WCFs but then last year couldn’t win 38 games. This year they’re staying afloat but fully healthy they’d probably still be a coin flip vs SAC and NOP.

Don’t kno what to say about PHI or Embiid. It’s always something. Him being the favored pick to win mvp only to disqualify himself by not playing enough games would be… so par the course. Then the inevitable injury in round 1 of the playoffs.
No way NO makes the second round. They need to make some changes, starting with Willie, before anyone should take them seriously.

Last year, Dallas had the worst front court in the league. People still don't seem to grasp how awful that roster was around him. fukking Dinwiddie was the #2 option most of the season. They were starting Reggie Bullock at PF at times. Nobody alive could have won with that roster. Derrick Lively has been like prime David Robinson compared to what they had last year.

They need two more guys (another PF/C and one defensive wing) to be a real threat but they COULD beat anybody if Luka and Kyrie catch fire for seven games.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
No way NO makes the second round. They need to make some changes, starting with Willie, before anyone should take them seriously.

Last year, Dallas had the worst front court in the league. People still don't seem to grasp how awful that roster was around him. fukking Dinwiddie was the #2 option most of the season. They were starting Reggie Bullock at PF at times. Nobody alive could have won with that roster. Derrick Lively has been like prime David Robinson compared to what they had last year.

They need two more guys (another PF/C and one defensive wing) to be a real threat but they COULD beat anybody if Luka and Kyrie catch fire for seven games.

If you matched NOP with OKC or MIN, you think NOP getting packed up in 6 or less, no question? I’m saying at best they’ll make the 2nd round. But can easily get sent home, crashing and burning.

Right now DAL is 25-21 (tho with tons of injuries, granted like with every other team in the A). So how much more they’ll win past 38 this time, we’ll see. If they’re healthy… I don’t see them getting passed DEN or LAC tbh, but everyone else is fair game.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
If you matched NOP with OKC or MIN, you think NOP getting packed up in 6 or less, no question? I’m saying at best they’ll make the 2nd round. But can easily get sent home, crashing and burning.

Right now DAL is 25-21 (tho with tons of injuries, granted like with every other team in the A). So how much more they’ll win past 38 this time, we’ll see. If they’re healthy… I don’t see them getting passed DEN or LAC tbh, but everyone else is fair game.
They would match up better with Minny than OKC but I couldn't favor NO over either team as long as Willie is the coach. He wants to run a kumbaya offense where everybody gets 12 shots instead of letting his stars be stars. That isn't gonna work in the playoffs and he isn't prepping them for the postseason by playing this way.

Zion's third on the team in shot attempts. You can say whatever you want about his conditioning, but he's by far their best player. Personally, I believe part of the reason he hasn't look as engaged this season is because his role has been scaled back even though there isn't a better #1 option on the team.

I've also been saying for quite a while that they need a consolidation trade. Look at the difference OG has made for the Knicks. Traded two guys who didn't quite fit and needed the ball a lot for a player who fits like a glove and doesn't need the ball on the regular. Pels should be doing the same.

There's no reason they shouldn't be calling Brooklyn and making a godfather offer for Mikal Bridges. They could do the same with the Jazz and Markkanen. The team has an insane amount of draft capital and young players going to waste.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They would match up better with Minny than OKC but I couldn't favor NO over either team as long as Willie is the coach. He wants to run a kumbaya offense where everybody gets 12 shots instead of letting his stars be stars. That isn't gonna work in the playoffs and he isn't prepping them for the postseason by playing this way.

Zion's third on the team in shot attempts. You can say whatever you want about his conditioning, but he's by far their best player. Personally, I believe part of the reason he hasn't look as engaged this season is because his role has been scaled back even though there isn't a better #1 option on the team.

I've also been saying for quite a while that they need a consolidation trade. Look at the difference OG has made for the Knicks. Traded two guys who didn't quite fit and needed the ball a lot for a player who fits like a glove and doesn't need the ball on the regular. Pels should be doing the same.

There's no reason they shouldn't be calling Brooklyn and making a godfather offer for Mikal Bridges. They could do the same with the Jazz and Markkanen. The team has an insane amount of draft capital and young players going to waste.
Unfortunately for them, other teams could offer better deals than they can and I doubt Utah is looking to move Markkanen at least right now.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Unfortunately for them, other teams could offer better deals than they can and I doubt Utah is looking to move Markkanen at least right now.
Who could offer a better deal than NO for Bridges? Brandon Ingram along with countless firsts could be on the table. Herb Jones and Trey Murphy would also have tremendous value.

I think a BI/Bridges swap makes a lot of sense for both teams.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Who could offer a better deal than NO for Bridges? Brandon Ingram along with countless firsts could be on the table. Herb Jones and Trey Murphy would also have tremendous value.

I think a BI/Bridges swap makes a lot of sense for both teams.
Does it though because that move doesn't necessarily make Brooklyn better than what they are now and you could make that same case with Bridges as well? If Brooklyn is going to choose Ingram to build around, then they might as well just stick with Bridges.

OKC package would be much better than what NO could offer.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Does it though because that move doesn't necessarily make Brooklyn better than what they are now and you could make that same case with Bridges as well?

OKC package would be much better than what NO could offer.
OKC doesn't have a better package though I think they should be in the mix as well. Their only big chip as a player is Cason Wallace. NO has more young guys to put on the table and just as many picks (OKC isn't gonna offer 10 firsts for Bridges).

Brooklyn would be better with BI instead of Bridges because he can be a #1 option on a mediocre team while Bridges cannot. Bridges on the other hand, compliments Zion much more than BI.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
OKC doesn't have a better package though I think they should be in the mix as well. Their only big chip as a player is Cason Wallace. NO has more young guys to put on the table and just as many picks.

Brooklyn would be better with BI instead of Bridges because he can be a #1 option on a mediocre team while Bridges cannot. Bridges on the other hand, compliments Zion much more than BI.
If you want to say that Bridges isn't a #1 option, then BI isn't either. Depending on who you'd ask, I'd rather stick with Bridges than BI especially since there's barely an age difference and upgrade between the two. Besides, we've seen BI before as a #1 option and he ain't it either.

Brooklyn is still essentially in the same situation regardless of which guy they have. I see why NO would do it, but I don't see it from Brooklyn's perspective as all they’d be doing is delaying the inevitable blowup.