Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
@Regular_P @Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Ultimately NOP gonna need "Point-Zion" paired with a big-shot-making co-star. i.e. The offense runs through Zion but he has that "Kobe" teammate who can call his own number as needed. LeBron with Kyrie. Jokic with Murray., etc. He basically needs what Chet has with SGA and OKC.

But since NOP's money is tied to two 3rd options at best (CJ, Ingram), one of which in CJ is out of position as "point guard" and a coach with an equal opportunity offensive scheme... that's a lot too untangle. I don't think Bridges solves anything either but they're also not getting a De'Aron Fox or Donovan Mitchell anytime soon. I think they're going to wait to see if/how badly they crash and burn in these playoffs before attempting to make a move tho.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
@Regular_P @Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Ultimately NOP gonna need "Point-Zion" paired with a big-shot-making co-star. i.e. The offense runs through Zion but he has that "Kobe" teammate who can call his own number as needed. LeBron with Kyrie. Jokic with Murray., etc. He basically needs what Chet has with SGA and OKC.

But since NOP's money is tied to two 3rd options at best (CJ, Ingram), one of which in CJ is out of position as "point guard" and a coach with an equal opportunity offensive scheme... that's a lot too untangle. I don't think Bridges solves anything either but they're also not getting a De'Aron Fox or Donovan Mitchell anytime soon. I think they're going to wait to see if/how badly they crash and burn in these playoffs before attempting to make a move tho.

BI is the best player on the Pelicans.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They would match up better with Minny than OKC but I couldn't favor NO over either team as long as Willie is the coach. He wants to run a kumbaya offense where everybody gets 12 shots instead of letting his stars be stars. That isn't gonna work in the playoffs and he isn't prepping them for the postseason by playing this way.

Zion's third on the team in shot attempts. You can say whatever you want about his conditioning, but he's by far their best player.
Personally, I believe part of the reason he hasn't look as engaged this season is because his role has been scaled back even though there isn't a better #1 option on the team.

I've also been saying for quite a while that they need a consolidation trade. Look at the difference OG has made for the Knicks. Traded two guys who didn't quite fit and needed the ball a lot for a player who fits like a glove and doesn't need the ball on the regular. Pels should be doing the same.

There's no reason they shouldn't be calling Brooklyn and making a godfather offer for Mikal Bridges. They could do the same with the Jazz and Markkanen. The team has an insane amount of draft capital and young players going to waste.

:lupe:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Zion Williamson, the person who is the most efficient scorer in NBA history, is 64th in the league in touches per game
:mjlol:

Willie Green is a clown ass nikka who doesn't deserve a head coaching position in the NBA. I've never before seen a coach who can't get his best player the ball and win games against any good teams.

Every fukking wing on the team brings the ball up the court. In one game, you will see CJ bring it up 8+ times, BI 8+, Herb 5+, Jose 5+, Zion 2-3, Tray 2-3. This is not a fukking winning coaching strategy and I've never seen a team do some shyt like this. Willie is trash and needs to be let go or this team will not make the playoffs.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
No the fukk he is not, abd that shyt ain't close, at all. This ain't no 1A 1B situation. BI can't win games, either with another scorer or just deep with role players, BI is a loser. nikka you are high. BI is 17th in the league in touches, Zion is 64th, Z still averages more points per game. If tour best player doesn't touch the ball, as a coach, you don't deserve a job.