Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
:whoa: i wouldn't right now, with KD out and Ben seemingly being frustrated with his own decision making last game, we might get a throwback performance outta him soon

i'd feel bad for whoever is guarding Ben the game he decides to remember he's 6'9 :francis:

and Ja need to relax cuz every time he's publicly popped off on anyone they made him look like a damn fool on national television :mjlol: it'd actually make sense that Ja would be the one who gets postered by Ben first
Don’t worry about Ben responding breh..Ben ain’t got no heart he’s cooked unfortunately. Not even the best Australian in the league anymore

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Why has he sucked this season until the last couple weeks?

Hes come on lately but December he was having shytty games acting like he wanted to be at home on twitch...his effort his body language been bad he pouts when they dont run him as the PG....alot of Dwight Howard vibes.

Daps
NO im saying why he chooses when to do it....if ur gonna be doing this u cant be having those 1/10 games where ur picking ur nose in the corner for 3 quarters...
All the Raptors players have been going through their own struggles this season.

Pascal is dominant in the 1st quarter and then isn't as effective in the others; FVV's busted ass can only show up when his body allows him to; OG's effectiveness on offense comes and goes because he uses too much gas on defense; GTJ has one foot out the door and his play is a reflection of that. One stretch of play they look like they're a cohesive unit, and then the next they play like they don't fukk with each other.

Scottie's troubles are that his halfcourt game is still raw and he's finding it difficult to compensate for that. And yet he still doesn't shy away from the moment.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Don’t worry about Ben responding breh..Ben ain’t got no heart he’s cooked unfortunately. Not even the best Australian in the league anymore
breh he could easily average a triple double right now by just adding mild aggression, the team is actually playing good right now too with kyrie playing outta his mind, i refuse to believe this man is still the same level of shook he was last year

i'm reserving judgement until KD comes back and they're at full force

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
All the Raptors players have been going through their own struggles this season.

Pascal is dominant in the 1st quarter and then isn't as effective in the others; FVV's busted ass can only show up when his body allows him to; OG's effectiveness on offense comes and goes because he uses too much gas on defense; GTJ has one foot out the door and his play is a reflection of that. One stretch of play they look like they're a cohesive unit, and then the next they play like they don't fukk with each other.

Scottie's troubles are that his halfcourt game is still raw and he's finding it difficult to compensate for that. And yet he still doesn't shy away from the moment.

If you watched mid Nov thru Dec Scottie had alot of insconsistent efforts....where he wont look at the rim,he wont rotate,he wont defend,he wont attack...and hes yelling at guys on the court and sulking and shyt...He had a bunch of these 1/11 type games with zero effort....it was definitely more than a skill issue,he was plahing like he didnt give a fukk about being out there almost sulking that he wasnt getting 1st team run as the point...

If you dont watch you might see these 1/9 box scores and think its just a bad shooting night but it was alot more to it,it was a no effort night...he won ROY largely on his aggression/energy...and for a month and a half he played with NONE and looked like trash.

Even right now having grreat games he still doesnt understand what his greatest attribute is,he could get 25 every night but chooses to fukk around for half the game...Ur right his HC game is raw but he still score down low on just about anybody when he uses his strength/body....alot of times he's completely disinterested....Ill give em credit hes been alot better in January.

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
That was a tough loss for the Wolves but a really fun game to watch. As depressing as it could be watching Kessler be everything they need Gobert to be, Ant Man still played really well and created the best shot possible on that last possession.

Only 3 defensive rebounds and 5 fouls in 22 minutes for Reid tonight @Gil Scott-Heroin :francis: this is what I was referencing in the other thread where sometimes he can be made to look smaller than he is :francis:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Because those type of shots won't be as easy come playoff time when teams start shoring up their rim protection.
and this is why TP is one of the best guards ever, HoF, Finals MVP, etc and every guard coming into the league since is scouted for their ability to split a defense lol

I stand by saying people don't even understand why the guy is great - and then guards go off mimicking shyt they'll never get close to just fukking up their own game long term. Ja is never going to be Nash or Curry when it comes to shooting or even in court vision. Last thing he needs to do give defenses breaks by stopping the ball to be average behind the line.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
and this is why TP is one of the best guards ever, HoF, Finals MVP, etc and every guard coming into the league since is scouted for their ability to split a defense lol

I stand by saying people don't even understand why the guy is great - and then guards go off mimicking shyt they'll never get close to just fukking up their own game long term. Ja is never going to be Nash or Curry when it comes to shooting or even in court vision. Last thing he needs to do give defenses breaks by stopping the ball to be average behind the line.

I had this exact convo like a week ago,TP to me will always be the most underrated PG in league history...

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Baron... Francis.... Marbury.... Iverson... Rose...

They all end up the same tbh... plagued with injuries in their late 20s, washed or out the league by their very early 30s.
Stevie and Stephon were done by 30 and 31, Baron by 32. AI lasted longer but 33 and 34 were disasters.

Rose was fed up and ready to retire at 29 (CLE) but reinvented himself as a role player journeyman, became the best shooter out of all of them.

That's what Morant (23) will inevitably face. The more he improves his jump shot and sticks with the Tony Parker floater game, the better off he'll be 5-6 yrs from now.

This is what i said about Morant back in Nov. He's one of my favorite players and i hope MEM can win it all in the next 2-3 years... bc otherwise his knees are a ticking time bomb, and that Tony Parker game is one of the more realistic paths to diffuse it.