Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Ja has NO reason to not solely work on developing his 3pt shooting and getting his shoulders bigger like steph did so he can absorb more contact when he drives :martin: If he's not a 3pt threat by next season I can't' take breh seriously as a potential champion in the league

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Ja has NO reason to not solely work on developing his 3pt shooting and getting his shoulders bigger like steph did so he can absorb more contact when he drives :martin: If he's not a 3pt threat by next season I can't' take breh seriously as a potential champion in the league
i don't know why this has to be a thing

ppl act like tony parker never happened. if you a relentless type of guard, there's better paths out there than mimicking GOAT shooters just hoping to come close

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

ppl act like tony parker never happened. if you a relentless type of guard, there's better paths out there than mimicking GOAT shooters just hoping to come close
:what: teams are GIVING him the 3 out here man, everyone can see it, that's not good. putting on a few more pounds since he's flying into the paint all the time is also a good idea, steph is just the easiest example because of media coverage

you should be able to add an element to your game as a superstar, mad people have developed 3pt shots, and Ja IS shooting them at times he just misses em too often, if he's gonna shoot em in game then he should be practicing to make them shyts more often. The second he does you gonna see MVP level control of the game from him

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium

Eh TP played in a different game and isn’t the scraping the same ceiling Morant is attempting to. I don’t think you can be a non-shooter if you’re trying to be the best anymore, and you definitely seem to need to be able to shoot to be a PG on a title winning team.

Maybe someone comes and breaks the mold, but the only CF winners we’ve had recently with guards as the main options (Warriors, Suns, Warriors/Raps, and so on) had guards that could shoot.

Now, if he’s just trying to be a supercharged 2 option, he’ll probably be fine just being the best at what he’s already good at. Hell the team around him could be so deep if they make a couple trades, he might not even need to be a “superstar #1”. But that’s a lot of ifs and leaving things out of his control

We know he’s pretty much indefensible if you could make him just a reliable off the dribble shooter. Not even GOAT or anything

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
:what: teams are GIVING him the 3 out here man, everyone can see it, that's not good. putting on a few more pounds since he's flying into the paint all the time is also a good idea, steph is just the easiest example because of media coverage

you should be able to add an element to your game as a superstar, mad people have developed 3pt shots, and Ja IS shooting them at times he just misses em too often, if he's gonna shoot em in game then he should be practicing to make them shyts more often. The second he does you gonna see MVP level control of the game from him
It’s the trite shyt they always say about Steph, but having that level of shooting just changes the math of the game, defensively. Imagine you have this guy with an asinine first step and superhuman leaping, and you couldn’t just sink in the paint. The only defense for Ja humanly possible is to get off of him and sag.

Imagine if he was just like 75% of Luka or even current Harden, where you know you have to step up on that step back most times, as if they hit em, they just become a rolling stone.

People aren’t teaching this shot on every level just because a 3 is more valuable than a 2 or w/e. If you can get this shot figured out, you’re an entirely different proposition

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Ja already with 5 threes in a half. He must be reading this thread during dead balls :mjlol:
The nikka on my fantasy team :mjlol: I'm not even mad that he's making em as i started my rant

but it NEEDED to be said cuz i been having to deal with those misses :umad:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

these same arguments got put on TP - you can create more havoc and shred a defense from inside than out. the easy answer is to stretch a defense with shooting but if you got a ball handler than can warp a defense no matter what the look is each time down the court?

i really don't think people understand what made parker great and exactly what he did to that miami d which ended up being the new benchmark around the league. the answers already there for memphis lol.... ja projects to be an average shooter no matter how things go.