Random NBA Observations 2021 - 2022

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
:francis:

Really though Mobley has surprised me with how far along he is offensively already since that was the one knock on him the draft. The defense was going to be there right away, but just a matter of quick this offense would come along with it.

Houston should have taken him instead of letting the KPJ/USC factor steer them into taking Green.
Shut the fukk up:what:

Daps
How are the Lakers losing to us with no Ja and no Brooks
gzPGoNX.png

Daps
I wanna say they'll make the playoffs, and rightfully, they should, but it's going to be hard for one of the oldest teams in modern history to overcome all the things that'll be thrown their way during the season. The main thing weighing in their favor is there's going to be a lot of middling and lottery teams, where talent should see them get in.

Jazz
Suns
Warriors
Grizzlies
Mavs
Nuggets

Those teams are locks to make it, imo, so I'd imagine the Lakers will squeeze in either in the lower half of those teams or just under them.
The Warriors, Griz, and Mavs are locks to make the playoffs, but not the Lakers?

Terrible take
:unimpressed:

As I said, the Lakers are one of the oldest teams ever, so everything is going to hit a little harder over the course of a 82-game season. They've already had a number of injuries and the regular season isn't even underway. A large majority of their rotation has either been sleep walking on defense for the last few years, or been completely non-existent. All that really comes down to effort, and effort is one of the biggest factors in generating regular season wins. Nearly every single team they come up against, and in nearly every game-spot, they're going to be conceding that to their opponent.

Those teams are locks for mine because they need less to go their way to make the playoffs, and they have younger and more diverse personnel. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll finish above the Lakers, I just trust them more to.
The Lakers' chances essentially fall on AD, if he can play the majority of the season and do it at an All-NBA level, that'll put them in great position to make it, but if his body can't hold up, well, they'll struggle to keep pace.

I'm projecting the Lakers to fall between 5th-9th, are you telling me that they're a lock to finish in the top-4 teams?

:usure:
Mfers ain't got shyt to say now, huh?

:mjlit: