Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

Daps
I admit I've only fully watched probabaly 2 Jazz games this year.

What has been the biggest difference from last? Rule changes, general league trends? Or do you see things evening out and they eventual settle into a playoff spot similar to last season?

Mitch is either attempting a long three or going to the cup...his game could really use a midrange

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
He's a slow starter. Always has been. He'll pick it up soon enough. They just can't assume they'll run off a streak like they did last year but the West isn't as strong as last year

yea, but with this team, they don't have enough elite talent to compensate. they can't afford to wait for him to magically flip the switch.

Mitch is either attempting a long three or going to the cup...his game could really use a midrange

i think that's been quin's goal for him to get shots at the rim and take more threes.

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
Not even

Troy Daniels, that's your shooter (career 40% from 3) plus your choice of DeAnthony Melton or Elie Okobo, either rook will be a solid backup guard in your system and both can play defense.

Let's do it

I'm fine with mitchell and allen playing secondary backup combo PG with exum as primary backup PG (only for now), but they need an experienced primary starting PG who can shoot. So no to okobo and melton. If jazz had a better main PG, then I'd be all in on melton or okbo, melton preferably.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn its just pick and roll or top of the key take your man off the dribble

i have not seen maybe 2 or 3 toss in the post plays :wow:

Daps

254-47 with Steph (84% win percentage - I'd say it's close to the highest win percentage in a 4-5 season stretch)
22-19 without Steph (53% win percentage)

And yet we still have muh'fukkas on this board who believe Steph ain't the system itself.

:wow:

How come Durant couldn't get the job done without Steph? Since you know Steph's just a role player, and Durant's the best player in the league, the real reason why the Warriors win games, and on another level to everyone else on the team.

Last season -

"The team was 6-0 during the 2017-2018 regular season when Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green were playing without Durant. The Warriors record with Durant, Thompson, and Green, without Curry was 10-7."

Steph and the starting unit went 6-0 without Durant (100% win percentage)
Durant and the starting unit went 10-7 without Steph (58% win percentage)

https://thetylt.com/sports/nba-warriors-kevin-durant-stephen-curry-mvp

Durant came back in the 4th quarter and the Warriors were still down by double digits, and then he proceeded to shoot 1-4 from the field and had two turnovers, and yet the Warriors still managed to take it to OT. How come he had more turnovers than FG makes in the 4th quarter?

:jbhmm:

Any thoughts on KD tonight, @DillaTUDE?

:lolbron:

Last edited: