Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Ya'all say that as if Draymond wasn't balling back when KD wasn't even on the team. :snoop:

Tell me how many of those shots were "unguarded". :heh:

I fully understand how important Draymond is to their defense. My whole issue is saying Draymond is the center of the Warriors offense. Even funnier you posted highlights from a series in which Cleveland regularly doubled Steph 30 feet from the basket daring the other players to beat them 4 on 3. Steph getting doubled lead to the pass to Draymond who was often the screener. Draymond did great at playmaking BUT to call him the center of the offense based on that is ridiculous. The GS offense thrives off of the attention Steph's shooting causes which opens things up for everyone else.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
someone in here this summer was saying that Josh >> Tatum .... :snoop:
He was a better scorer than Tatum for most of last season.
Facts only. Tatum was inefficient af 2nd half of the season last year. He did well in the playoffs and hes been very fortunate to be drafted to a good playoff team with all star teammates, an established culture and established great head coach. Josh Jackson hasnt had any of those luxuries.
We found him

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I fully understand how important Draymond is to their defense. My whole issue is saying Draymond is the center of the Warriors offense. Even funnier you posted highlights from a series in which Cleveland regularly doubled Steph 30 feet from the basket daring the other players to beat them 4 on 3. Steph getting doubled lead to the pass to Draymond who was often the screener. Draymond did great at playmaking BUT to call him the center of the offense based on that is ridiculous. The GS offense thrives off of the attention Steph's shooting causes which opens things up for everyone else.

Ah, I see what you're getting at. I wasn't saying that he was the best player on the offense or anything, I've always made clear that Golden State's offense is designed around Steph and have said that numerous times on this board.

All I was saying is that Draymond is integral to their offense, that's what I mean by he was "at the center" of it. He's not like a Ben Wallace or a Chicago Dennis Rodman, who at best had bit roles in the offense. He's absolutely essential to the way the offense works and it would look different without him. If you put Tristan Thompson in his place they would have some problems.