Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
Not at all. This personnel ain't shyt to be frank. I watched almost all of the games last year and been to a ton of them. The personnel isn't the same. Jeff left for a reason, this defense was gonna be hopeless. It has nothing to do with Melo as he's a bench player. It has everything to do that you lost Anderson and Ariza and haven't came close to replacing them.
ariza is very overrated on this board.

he was -47 last night. his defensive stats are not that great.

the problem is d'antoni doesn't coach defense. bzdelik turned their defense around. you take the exact same team from last year without bzfelik and they're worse defensively.

especially since clint has gotten lazy since getting paid.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

the problem is d'antoni doesn't coach defense. bzdelik turned their defense around. you take the exact same team from last year without bzfelik and they're worse defensively.

+/- is a shyt stat without context and completely useless in blowouts

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

He maybe overrated as a key piece on most teams but for Houston, he was a critical piece. It's similar to DMC for us, he was shyt for Toronto and is decent in Brooklyn due to the system but for the Hawks, he was critical. We were not the same team without him. I think too many Houston fans give him shyt for his inconsistent games shooting wise but for the most part, he played his role consistently. They hired the guy who also help implement the defense with Bzdelik. It wasn't like D'Antoni just took it over. Hell the guy they hired was the one doing most of the coaching last year on defense. Once again, you looking for an excuse when it's simply a personnel issue.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
He maybe overrated as a key piece on most teams but for Houston, he was a critical piece. It's similar to DMC for us, he was shyt for Toronto and is decent in Brooklyn due to the system but for the Hawks, he was critical. We were not the same team without him. I think too many Houston fans give him shyt for his inconsistent games shooting wise but for the most part, he played his role consistently. They hired the guy who also help implement the defense with Bzdelik. It wasn't like D'Antoni just took it over. Hell the guy they hired was the one doing most of the coaching last year on defense. Once again, you looking for an excuse when it's simply a personnel issue.
no he wasn't.

all the rockets reporters talked bout how rockets practice ended early so bzdelik could work on details by himself with the defense and they're with the rockets everyday.

they didn't do that before he was there and they don't do that this year.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
I still don't know why James Ennis was talked up like he was some great signing. Guy has been in the league for 5 years & has been on 5 different teams (including twice in Memphis), if he was half decent he would have stuck somewhere because he fits the profile of a guy that every team wants :yeshrug:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I still don't know why James Ennis was talked up like he was some great signing. Guy has been in the league for 5 years & has been on 5 different teams (including twice in Memphis), if he was half decent he would have stuck somewhere because he fits the profile of a guy that every team wants :yeshrug:
If Houston signed him to be a solid backup and fill into Luc's role, I can see it to a degree but there was NO WAY he was going to fill Ariza's shoes. It's not possible.

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
If you are Houston, do you offer two or three unprotected future 1sts and Eric Gordon for Jimmy Buckets? I know it's a shyt trade but do you do it?

Thing is, Timberwolves wouldn't want unprotected firsts in the near future. If I was them I'd be asking for their firsts 6-7 years from now(and I'm not sure how that actually works, like if there's rules against trading so far into the future). There's absolutely no reason to take any of their unprotected firsts in the near future.

And like someone else said that still doesn't exactly solve their depth or PF issue. I don't think the depth matters as much in the playoffs as Warriors don't got much depth either, but they need a PF that can defend. How are they gonna find that if they trade Tucker?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Thing is, Timberwolves wouldn't want unprotected firsts in the near future. If I was them I'd be asking for their firsts 6-7 years from now(and I'm not sure how that actually works, like if there's rules against trading so far into the future). There's absolutely no reason to take any of their unprotected firsts in the near future.

And like someone else said that still doesn't exactly solve their depth or PF issue. I don't think the depth matters as much in the playoffs as Warriors don't got much depth either, but they need a PF that can defend. How are they gonna find that if they trade Tucker?
That's impossible. They traded for Chriss when Chriss is just a bust. Chriss in a strong draft would probably be a 2nd rounder but the draft he was in was weak af and he was a top 10 pick. That trade is looking like a win for PHX.

I would call Detroit is see if they are open to trading Ellenson.
I would also call Charlotte and see if they are open to moving Zeller, Kaminsky or Hernangomez. But it's tough. They need a PF bad and one who can screen, stretch the floor and play with high BBIQ. I would love to see if they had Kuzma but LAL would hang up quick af if they called.