Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Watched the jazz game this morning.didnt pat atrntion to their offseason but they legit brought back the same squad from last year: no upgrades. Just drafted the white boyfrom Duke.

How you goin impress Mitchell for the future and pan to keep him when you can’t even upgrade the roster while he’s on a cheap contract? They goin run that nigguh into the ground like an nfl running back: they placing all the burden on him to ball out and progress as a sophomore for his team to get better. They can easily regress from last season if nobody on that team gets better from last year besides Mitchell and the sad thing is it’s not to be expected of anybody else in that roster becaus most of those guys are who they are by now(besides Mitchell). Maybe exum can step up and Burks can contribute but he barely sees the floor.

thats why I have them as the 3rd seat in the west. Actually they might be better than Houston. Sometimes continuity is all you need. Sometimes you don't need to make changes, just develop your own players. I see Mitchell taking that next step as well as Gobert

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lakers were in legit playoff contention during that stretch Zo came back then they added IT. Think Zo cooled off then got hurt and then IT got hurt too unfortunately. I still think your comparison is fair but Lakers were better health away from making the gap alot closer than you're presenting it, and Suns play in an even closer looking west...alotta teams look middling on end or the other, so at least Suns look really solid in their strength

If Ingram an Ball play 70 games each last season the Lakers probably get to 40 wins.

On another note I think people are overestimating the likes of Denver, Utah, and the Portland. Houston has taken a step back. The only teams to make a jump this season (exluding the Warriors) in the west are the Lakers, OKC, and the Pelicans (AD got better).

Similar to what I said in an earlier post about the Suns, yes the Lakers would’ve won more games if they had better health, but you have to keep that logic consistent. Practically every team that finished ahead of them would’ve won more games if they had better health too.

Personally, at no point last season did I seriously think LA would make the playoffs. But I can see why some think if everything went right they could’ve made a run

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
It'll never happen but I would love to see the Kings trade for Jimmy Butler. We're in desperate need of a wing who can score. Jimmy would bring toughness we need. It frustrates me that we won't have our pick in a loaded draft for wings unless we luck out and get the top pick.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
thats why I have them as the 3rd seat in the west. Actually they might be better than Houston. Sometimes continuity is all you need. Sometimes you don't need to make changes, just develop your own players. I see Mitchell taking that next step as well as Gobert

Naw. Houston as bad and they are defensively will still outscore half the team they play while Utah as good as they are defensively will struggle to score even against a trash team as we saw last night. I’m shocked they signed Favors again. Should have never traded lyles. Dude could have worked well stretching the floor. Bricky looks like he’s headed back for another 35% FG season

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
9pts, 9reb, 3ast and will still average ariund 14ppg on 43-45% with 4reb 4ast 1stl and .7blk, will still be the best shotblocking guard in the league as he was in the preseason averaging 1.6 a game. All time greatness will always be able to perform, nikka coming ofc multiple 20pt playofc games over the last w seasons and some bad ones too, comes with age :yeshrug:.

Every single team in the league would rather have him than JR Smith.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
9pts, 9reb, 3ast and will still average ariund 14ppg on 43-45% with 4reb 4ast 1stl and .7blk, will still be the best shotblocking guard in the league as he was in the preseason averaging 1.6 a game. All time greatness will always be able to perform, nikka coming ofc multiple 20pt playofc games over the last w seasons and some bad ones too, comes with age :yeshrug:.

Every single team in the league would rather have him than JR Smith.

Who?