Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

semtex

:)
Daps
Boutta get these really heavy resistance cables. Traps boutta grow another inch or two :pachaha:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Drop some knowledge on me. I've been looking into it so I'm familiar with the basics.

I'd keep workouts EOD, keep off day carbs <100g, and stack my last meal with ~100g slow digesting protein. Off days will always be @ a deficit, but calorie discrepancy would depend on prioritizing standard bulking or recomp. I'd also include carbs with my preworkout BCAA (or protein) or just have a small meal and hr or two beforehand... this is workout-volume dependent, though.

While IF really shines for cutting, it's argued the partitioning benefits during a bulk are negligible. Like 2 steps forward, 1.9 steps back type of deal. The more I read, the more I'm seeing that few things matter when eating at a surplus. You can get a similar IF effect by replacing the "fast" with a lean meat (PSMF style) and eating the carbs/fats around workouts. It really comes down to personal preference and how you respond to fasting.

Been doin a lot of old IF reading just to get an idea how leangains was birthed. A lot of interesting protocols. Tempted to try out Lyle's theorized version of an IF bulk.

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
Can anyone peep me on some mass building supplements. I've been hitting the gym for awhile and the main problem is that I can't gain wait which is kinda hampering my ability to bulk up. I basically have to gouge myself to gain weight and I don't really have the resources to be doing that every meal of the day.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Can anyone peep me on some mass building supplements. I've been hitting the gym for awhile and the main problem is that I can't gain wait which is kinda hampering my ability to bulk up. I basically have to gouge myself to gain weight and I don't really have the resources to be doing that every meal of the day.
Food

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
:why:

My metabolism doesn't allow it. :sitdown:
It does.... but I will bet you are not eating enough... or pushing hard enough in the gym..... All weight is not good weight.... if it was people wouldn't cut :ld:

You only need to gain .5-1lb a week.... thats 1 pop tart and a glass of whole milk a day. :stopitslime: Natural gains dont come fast or easy... dont fall into the trap of thinking fat gain = strength gains. If your weight + lifts are steady, youre def not eating enough, period

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
The main problem is as a college student making slightly above minimum wage, it's hard for me to load up on food even when I'm at home over the summer. :wow:

Breakfast the days I go to the gym are great 6 eggs, toast, oatmeal, but after that it's :huhldup: status. Don't really have the resources at the moment.

semtex

:)
Daps
The main problem is as a college student making slightly above minimum wage, it's hard for me to load up on food even when I'm at home over the summer. :wow:

Breakfast the days I go to the gym are great 6 eggs, toast, oatmeal, but after that it's :huhldup: status. Don't really have the resources at the moment.
I'm a college student and I ain't got no job. Get some oatmeal and almonds and seeds and peanut butter and milk and some weightgainer just in case :obama:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
The scale I've been using for the past 6 months has been fukking up...don't know what to believe any more. :leostare: Closer to my goal to 200lbs. than I thought.

The most annoying thing is weak nikkas asking you to train them in the gym. :aicmon: