Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

semtex

:)
Daps
Nice shoulder workout with pike presses. Very high volume.

Tension at the bottom of the movement is key. I pause (NOT a rest pause though) right before my head hits the ground for a few seconds and then explode back up. :ohlawd:

truth be told I wanted to quit after the 4th set but I did 8 total since it's Saturday. 42 reps all together. Took 34 minutes.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
How many of yall have been up on bodyrecomposition.com?

I just found the website a few months ago. I read every article on it, and recently been checking out the forums too just out of curiousity, not participation

Lyle McDonald reminds me of myself so much its scary. Long ass rants having trouble getting to the point, but always basing his long winded arguments on actual data combined with logic. Cutting through the bullshyt and just presenting real world practical advice.

He's kind of a dikk, but his approach to weight loss/nutrition/training is right up my alley outside of his hard-on for ketogenic diets

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
How many of yall have been up on bodyrecomposition.com?

I just found the website a few months ago. I read every article on it, and recently been checking out the forums too just out of curiousity, not participation

Lyle McDonald reminds me of myself so much its scary. Long ass rants having trouble getting to the point, but always basing his long winded arguments on actual data combined with logic. Cutting through the bullshyt and just presenting real world practical advice.

He's kind of a dikk, but his approach to weight loss/nutrition/training is right up my alley outside of his hard-on for ketogenic diets

His info is second to none on most things health and fitness. The OG to this online health/fitness "guru" shyt. Some just can't get past his personality. :manny:

Downside is your realize how much bullshyt floods the industry.

Wouldn't say he has a hardon for keto. He's just "the keto guy" cuz of his early book that crushed the buildings at the time. Doesn't really advocate any one diet now that I think of it, hence his "Flexible Dieting" book.

A lot of hidden gems on his forums.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
His info is second to none on most things health and fitness. The OG to this online health/fitness "guru" shyt. Some just can't get past his personality. :manny:

Downside is your realize how much bullshyt floods the industry.

Wouldn't say he has a hardon for keto. He's just "the keto guy" cuz of his early book that crushed the buildings at the time. Doesn't really advocate any one diet now that I think of it, hence his "Flexible Dieting" book.

A lot of hidden gems on his forums.

:ehh: I'm on it

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Tried out a less detailed version of Lyle's Stubborn Fat Protocol today (eliminated the nutrition part of the protocol, just did the physical shyt)

I'm not at 10% BF so I didn't do it out of necessity, I just wanted to see if my cardio was up to snuff for doing it in the future

shyt had me feeling :whew:

5 minute warm up following by 5 minutes of full intensity (or 10 minutes HIIT). I did 3 minutes run at 180-190 BPM, 2 minute jog, then 2 more minutes run at 180-190 BPM.

Then, sit on your ass for 5 minutes to let free fatty acids release into the bloodstream.

Then, 30-45 minutes of medium intensity cardio. I did 10 minutes on 2 different machines at ~145 BPM then my last 10 minutes doing a bodyweight circuit routine which kept me at around 160 BPM

Then I went home and have been doing yard work in 100 degree heat for the last 1 1/2 hours :whew:

I have stopped being scared of muscle loss from cardio. I'm not doing long cuts anymore. Ima be fine :obama:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Strange flat bench session today:

Same weight range from the last two weeks. I won't front my from uses a little bounce and I don't full lock out each rep :manny:, it has a rhythm.

Got into this strange groove where I was closer to locking out than normal and there wasn't a rhythm to it. Not sure if this is good or bad. I felt like I bad more power to push thru the last rep of each set up :lupe:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:snoop: there is so much ambiguity on this issue I swear.

It's funny you post that because I was just googling around to find anything conclusive regarding that.
I wouldn't worry too much about it

He is only examining scientifically optimal approaches. But I'm sure if you asked him, he would tell you not to worry about it unless you are competing at a national level and need that extra microscopic advantage

There is a large grey area in the middle of "meal timing doesn't matter at all" and "meal timing is more important than anything".....just stay inside that grey :pachaha:. Life aint worth living if I gotta say to myself "well, I just had a chicken breast 2 hours ago so my nutrient partitioning won't be optimal if I have this cheesburger right now. I better wait 2-4 hours" :pachaha:

semtex

:)
Daps
I wouldn't worry too much about it

He is only examining scientifically optimal approaches. But I'm sure if you asked him, he would tell you not to worry about it unless you are competing at a national level and need that extra microscopic advantage

There is a large grey area in the middle of "meal timing doesn't matter at all" and "meal timing is more important than anything".....just stay inside that grey :pachaha:. Life aint worth living if I gotta say to myself "well, I just had a chicken breast 2 hours ago so my nutrient partitioning won't be optimal if I have this cheesburger right now. I better wait 2-4 hours" :pachaha:
Yeah timing and just protein intake in general is confusing. :beli: everyone says something different. Even poliquin contradicts himself and gives a different amount damn near every time he discusses it.