Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

LimitedEdition

Misanthropy Personified
Daps
Reppin
In the south!
I stopped working out and ate trash all month. I lost 2 pounds. Yay for muscle increasing resting metabolism.:lolbron:

Went to the gym, could barely run 2 miles at 6 mph. Had to cut the machine off early. :umad: for falling off.

I got off the tradmill feeling :flabbynsick: and:to:

But Im back wiht a new and seemingly impssible goal.

I need to have some abs by new years. Even a shadow of an ab would make me feel happy.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Chiropractor was on some full body assessment today.

Felt some kind of way about her poking my glutes but damn if she didn't identify the problem.

That full Nelson she put me in :noah:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
I'm almost angry that it took this long to finally find a hand/arm placement for front squats since my wrists are like :whoa: at that torque from the typical form. It was hard to keep the ego out of it tho because I back squat 425 presently, it's humbling (which I kinda needed) to be in the 185-225 range with fronts because it's something to work on.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I'm almost angry that it took this long to finally find a hand/arm placement for front squats since my wrists are like :whoa: at that torque from the typical form. It was hard to keep the ego out of it tho because I back squat 425 presently, it's humbling (which I kinda needed) to be in the 185-225 range with fronts because it's something to work on.
where do you feel the burn more on front squats as compared to back squats? i've been contemplating deloading but will probably wait till the fall to do the transition.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

Man, I tried to do some front squats with just the bar the other day to try and find good form. I absolutely could not do it olympic style at all, could not get my arms into position. Then I tried it bodybuilder style with arms crossed in front and it still didn't feel right either.

I think my body's mechanics/structure may not be suited for front squats. But honestly I see no reason to do them anyway so I don't mind. I was curious more than anything.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Man, I tried to do some front squats with just the bar the other day to try and find good form. I absolutely could not do it olympic style at all, could not get my arms into position. Then I tried it bodybuilder style with arms crossed in front and it still didn't feel right either.

I think my body's mechanics/structure may not be suited for front squats. But honestly I see no reason to do them anyway so I don't mind. I was curious more than anything.

I hear you, I was very close to throwing the idea of front squats in the bushes because it wasn't panning out. I tried everything with no weight on the bar for months on end including straps until I finally built up my delts to comfortably rest the bar high on them, elbows high and arms crossed. Kind of awkward looking IMO but I have full control thru the whole range of motion. I like em because I needed some accessory stuff that I actually find fun (I HATE the leg press)

where do you feel the burn more on front squats as compared to back squats? i've been contemplating deloading but will probably wait till the fall to do the transition.

I'm noticing direct burn on the quads and my core not nearly as much on the glutes/hammies

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I hear you, it I was very close to throwing the idea of front squats in the bushes because it wasn't panning out. I tried everything with no weight on the bar for months on end including straps until I finally built up my delts to comfortably rest the bar high on them, elbows high and arms crossed. Kind of awkward looking IMO but I have full control thru the whole range of motion. I like em because I needed some accessory stuff that I actually find fun (I HATE the leg press)

I'm noticing direct burn on the quads and my core not nearly as much on the glutes/hammies
100% feels like I wrote that myself

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

They may not be necessary, but there's definitely a reason to do them. It hits your quads like :whew:

If you've got a hack-squat machine in your gym, that works too.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Best chest day I've ever had, followed by 400g of delicious as fukk CARBS
25903973-cry-gif-_zps93e72747.gif

Last edited: