Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I'm making gains, started out at 95 pounds not long ago

:lupe:

How long?

I have only been adding 5 lbs per week no matter how much more I think I can handle, and haven't missed a 5x5 set yet, but I'm worried I'm gonna start missing them as I approach 225. Did you have any setbacks and at what weight?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:lupe:

How long?

I have only been adding 5 lbs per week no matter how much more I think I can handle, and haven't missed a 5x5 set yet, but I'm worried I'm gonna start missing them as I approach 225. Did you have any setbacks and at what weight?
No clue I really started doing fronts to loosen my hips for back squats. Once I had to end dead lifting they became a staple.

Not much pressure on your back
Core engagement is good
Safe if you hit failure.

Biggest challenge is finding the form and best grip.

Daps
decided to take a rest week after like 5 straight months of nonstop lifting. Hopefully this shyt actually works

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Gonna need those caffeine pills tonight...haven't popped some in a minutes. It's going down tonight.:whew:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I jogged for two miles, stretched and did a squat workout. I started out barbell only and went up to 195 lbs. I didn't want to go too crazy, but it was relatively easy with 10 reps per set and going up in 20 lbs. increments.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Well I never bench till failure purposefully, but irrelevant of that there is no way I'm go with no clips. There are always people walking around the benches, I'm not gonna risk the bar flying up and hitting someone in the face. The chest roll worked just fine :pachaha:
I've been trapped doing bench press and no one was around. It was this place that used to be a house that they converted into a gym. Some of the equipment was upstairs and some of it was downstairs. So, I got caught under the barbell and was not able to push out one rep. I tilted the barbell to one side. Let the plates slide down. Then, I tilted the barbell the other way. I let it touch the ground and I was able to get out from under the barbell. Considering the each side had about 90 lbs. in plates, it wasn't that difficult to control.

semtex

:)
Daps
Heavy bench :scusthov: looks cool but the risks outweigh the rewards by a ridiculous margin. Even if you get your numbers super high you're not hitting the big muscle groups, so you wind up being really strong in one little area.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
bout to start the couch to 5k program in a half hour
my calves burn! :damn:

i also started the one hundred pushup program today, has anyone tried the other programs? lunges, situps, squats? do u recommend?

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Heavy bench :scusthov: looks cool but the risks outweigh the rewards by a ridiculous margin. Even if you get your numbers super high you're not hitting the big muscle groups, so you wind up being really strong in one little area.

"How strong are you, bro? How much can you bench press?"
:snoop:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Supposed to be my off day today, but my wife is out of town and I was bored so I went to the gym at 7:30 to do high rep deadlifts. Thats not even part of my routine, I think I was feeling guilt about eating a bunch of junk food after work, so I put in more work :smugbiden: