Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
honestly when i started working w my trainer it was one of the first things he pushed on me. before all the weights, before any lifts, or dbs, or plates or any movements. his whole philosophy is like this- if you do anything, even w light weight, but your form is off, and your mobility is limited, at best it's a waste and at worst you're putting unnecessary stress on a joint or ligament or tendon that you're not supposed to be putting stress on. like i said, his method can be a bit nazi-ish but the end result is worth it imho. especially looking back on the year+ i wasted trying to fix my shoulder.

he's a big fan of kelly starrett. kelly is a big cross fit guy (ironic, because majority of amateur cross fitters tend to have awful form). kelly is a huge advocate for mobility, posture, form and all that. if you look around on youtube etc and search about some of his band stretches that he pushes i've found them to be extremely helpful.
yeah, i've watched a few starret vids, cuz i had a lil hip flexor issue that i ironed out with some of his stretches. gonna subscribes to that channel

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I want to go on a long run tomorrow. Maybe 5 or 6 miles. I have a route mapped out too. Aint nothing to it but to do it, right?

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
honestly when i started working w my trainer it was one of the first things he pushed on me. before all the weights, before any lifts, or dbs, or plates or any movements. his whole philosophy is like this- if you do anything, even w light weight, but your form is off, and your mobility is limited, at best it's a waste and at worst you're putting unnecessary stress on a joint or ligament or tendon that you're not supposed to be putting stress on. like i said, his method can be a bit nazi-ish but the end result is worth it imho. especially looking back on the year+ i wasted trying to fix my shoulder.

he's a big fan of kelly starrett. kelly is a big cross fit guy (ironic, because majority of amateur cross fitters tend to have awful form). kelly is a huge advocate for mobility, posture, form and all that. if you look around on youtube etc and search about some of his band stretches that he pushes i've found them to be extremely helpful.

I did a butts and guts class and this lady was so mean to me about my form, my soul was crushed. I refuse to go back until I perfect this shyt- found a better instructor anyway fugg that heifer.

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
:dwillhuh: craziest thing, just happened, I'm bout to hit 3 plates as usual on the power rack, and somehow lost my grip :smh:....

I still had crazy strength to just throw the barbell over my head and not get crushed....

I don't even know wtf happened.....

Attempting it again in a few minutes :youngsabo:

Edit: I hit something inside the power rack :smh:

That's why I usually squat, outside of these things smh

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:dwillhuh: craziest thing, just happened, I'm bout to hit 3 plates as usual on the power rack, and somehow lost my grip :smh:....

I still had crazy strength to just throw the barbell over my head and not get crushed....

Leave it at a one yep max fam :sadcam:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws

The body is MUCH stronger than we think it is. Combine it with that fight or flight feeling you had when you thought you were about to get crushed and it's not a shocker that you hoisted that weight up there

Yea those power racks are dangerous because you have to know exactly where u are in it at all times so you don't clang into something. I hate when I have to use em

-P-

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Leave it at a one yep max fam :sadcam:
:beli: not a chance :youngsabo:

Anything more than that is a :whoa: though....
The body is MUCH stronger than we think it is. Combine it with that fight or flight feeling you had when you thought you were about to get crushed and it's not a shocker that you hoisted that weight up there

Yea those power racks are dangerous because you have to know exactly where u are in it at all times so you don't clang into something. I hate when I have to use em

-P-

Yeah the fight or flight response is real, strength wise it made sense that my legs were able to.hold up the weight, because it was no real lack of strength of my part, just mechanical error from bumping against the power rack, but the crazy. part was throwing the the bar over my head in straight motion like nothing :wow:

I just switched gyms, so I just started squatting inside the power rack again because LA Fitness is bit more.corporate, but I can't say I don't feel like going outside of the rack again.....

Because for someone like me, the safety precautions on the power rack only inhibit me...

minijump

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Say brehs, the office gym has a heavy bag and I want to try it. Before I start throwing combos like Pacquiao, do I really need wraps and gloves? How bad would my hands be if I went barehanded :lupe:

If you are going to be putting any kind of force/power behind your punches you definitely will need both.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I'm back to jogging instead of walking. I have physical therapy next week.

semtex

:)
Daps
If you are going to be putting any kind of force/power behind your punches you definitely will need both.
I've had my heavy bag since 5th grade and have gotten to the point where I don't need either. Unless I hit it for a long time then my technique will slip and I'll rip skin on my knuckle

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lower back is feeling a little weird after deadlifts this morning. If I don't sit at my desk with perfect posture I feel it even more. It's like my spine is saying :ufdup: I'm gonna be perfectly aligned or nothing