Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
Nothing notworthy really. I do a single set of medicine ball crunches if I remember. Its all about the bodyfat%...EC stack and a clean, precise diet is what gets me below the threshold. EC stack being optional but definitely helpful.

Anyone who lifts weights or works a job with lots of lifting and movement should already have good ab development without trying. We use our ab muscles as stabilizers in damn near every free weight lift, and in a physical job with twisting and turning and lifting they get a workout too.

Yeah, if you want them protruding out like mountains you are going to probably need to focus on working them out hard, but even then it is pointless until you get your bodyfat in check.
I usually do hanging leg raises and hanging bicycle kicks on odd days, and ab roller and planks on even days. So I pretty much working out my abs every day. :manny:

We'll see how I look in 2 months time at this work rate. :lupe:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I usually do hanging leg raises and hanging bicycle kicks on odd days, and ab roller and planks on even days. So I pretty much working out my abs every day. :manny:

We'll see how I look in 2 months time at this work rate. :lupe:

Add in some dragon flags, Bruce Lee did them -

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
(parallel)Squat has been consistently going up hit 3x5 at 305, hopefully i can get back up to 315 (soild) and then switch to a GVT routine before summer starts. I really need to clean up my diet though, but the past couple of months I've been just :flabbynsick: when it comes to cooking anything.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Serious tricep DOMS from doing eccentric push-ups at the end of Upper Power yesterday.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
I've been slacking a lil at the gym these past couple of weeks and been feeling pretty :flabbynsick: about it. Now that I'm working out on mornings before work, I can get a consistent routine going. Gonna start doing 3-4 days a week again. 3 weekdays and one during the weekend. My squats are down and I gotta get them back up :sadcam:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I been skipping legs for a good while now... Starting today its the first workout of my week.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Don't know if I'm sore b/c I'm overtraining or b/c I wasn't really putting as much effort as I could have without a partner. :ohhh:

Glutes, hams, quads, rear delts, chest...are all sore. :dwillhuh:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Doing shoot arounds with 20lbs of ankle weight is crazy. Finish up 30 minutes of cardio without even noticing.
And when you take the weights off, your legs feel like you're walking on air.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Doing shoot arounds with 20lbs of ankle weight is crazy. Finish up 30 minutes of cardio without even noticing.
And when you take the weights off, your legs feel like you're walking on air.
Pretty sure thats bad for your knees and ankles, it is an issue of unfamiliar distribution of weight and our biological makeup isnt designed for it.

Weighting should come from a vest, which keeps our center of gravity aligned and mimicks actual bodyweight.

Not saying your are automatically going to injure yourself or anything, just advising you to look into the issue and maybe consider a vest.

bignell

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Pretty sure thats bad for your knees and ankles, it is an issue of unfamiliar distribution of weight and our biological makeup isnt designed for it.

Weighting should come from a vest, which keeps our center of gravity aligned and mimicks actual bodyweight.

Not saying your are automatically going to injure yourself or anything, just advising you to look into the issue and maybe consider a vest.

Yeah..My man is going to do some serious damage to his knees and ankles...You should never do any kind of running with ankle weights, and definitely should'nt be trying to ball with them on...They cause you not to run with your natural running motion..

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
What's the best cardio to do if running isn't an option (stuck in the snow/cold)

Biking doesn't really do it for me, I do 6 miles and get off like...that wasn't shyt.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps

:ohhh:

Good looking, I have a 40lb weight vest, but didn't know if I wanted to do it with that much weight.
I'll do the vest next time, but I remember back in high school basketball we used to abuse the ankle weights to get our hops up, jump roping and plyometrics. Coaches just warned us to never try and play an actual game in them.

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
brehs day after squats my legs were killing me to the point of soreness and spaghetti legs with every walk

forced myself with a 40 minute cardio session on the treadmill and shyt feels way better, turns out the faster the speed the easier it was to run :leon: