Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

semtex

:)
Daps
Just did some reading on him. They guy is a fraud and a snake oil salesman. Dude really sells a specially branded coffee that he claims cures ailments and allows you to eat whatever you want without gaining weight? And that he boosted his IQ 20 points?:heh:

And his diet isnt much different than Paleo/Keto, which confirms my instincts that he is just secrectly tricking people into a caloric defecit. Anyone who tells me that carbs (our body's preferred source of energy) are bad (or uses the word "toxins") immediately gets thrown in the bushes:camby:

I know he wasnt the main guy speaking in the podcast but the agenda is clearer than ever.

EDIT: Also just read that this guy even goes as far to say that vegetable juicing is bad for you. He actually thinks that butter is healthier than kale:heh:. Also, he is on TRT and takes Provogil and was experimenting with amphetamines during his so called high-calorie weight loss journey that he promotes:heh: (not saying TRT is bad, just that it produces unnatural results)

Why has this guy not been run out of the health and fitness community
yeah I feel that if you make extraordinary claims, you better have extraordinary evidence.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I remember hearing about this first on Rogan and being :heh: and :scusthov: at the thought of butter in coffee.
Actually the butter in coffee thing makes sense to me simply from a satiety perspective. Fat is satieting and caffeine is an appetite supressent and energy/focus booster, so combining them in the morning is a seemingly decent way to start out the day depending on your goals.

But the fact that he specially brands a coffee and makes stupid claims about it is kind of infuriating since I am secretly a coffee snob too:whoa:

Attributing so much success to it though while at the same time taking steroids and amphetamines is :heh:

semtex

Daps
Actually the butter in coffee thing makes sense to me simply from a satiety perspective. Fat is satieting and caffeine is an appetite supressent and energy/focus booster, so combining them in the morning is a seemingly decent way to start out the day depending on your goals.

But the fact that he specially brands a coffee and makes stupid claims about it is kind of infuriating since I am secretly a coffee snob too:whoa:

Attributing so much success to it though while at the same time taking steroids and amphetamines is :heh:
I put coconut oil in my coffee and :whew:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

:patrice:

What you whippin up with bison breh? I bet that shyt is expensive :wow:

No idea, its ground so it will end up in skillet at some point. I eat it at Teds and it :noah:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had a decent back day, did RDL's heavy instead of regular deadlifts (really felt the stretch in the hams). Not drinking really has my workouts turnt up. Hoping to hit 305 on parallel squats tomorrow.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Worked on legs yesterday. Wore my old fencing shoes. My Reebok trail running sneakers were sinking down under the weight of the bar last week. Yesterday, I got to 295 lbs. once and failed on a 315 lbs. attempt. Should have tried 305 first. :manny: I did 2 sets of 275 lbs for 5 reps. Then I did 245 lbs for 9 reps. Then, 224 lbs for 9 reps. That felt pretty good.

Side note, you ever see a photoshop of a bubble butt and are thinking, that is so fake. It's crazy to see a real bubble butt at the gym in spandex pants. Her face was kind of a 6, bubble butt was a solid 10.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Worked on legs yesterday. Wore my old fencing shoes. My Reebok trail running sneakers were sinking down under the weight of the bar last week. Yesterday, I got to 295 lbs. once and failed on a 315 lbs. attempt. Should have tried 305 first. :manny: I did 2 sets of 275 lbs for 5 reps. Then I did 245 lbs for 9 reps. Then, 224 lbs for 9 reps. That felt pretty good.

Side note, you ever see a photoshop of a bubble butt and are thinking, that is so fake. It's crazy to see a real bubble butt at the gym in spandex pants. Her face was kind of a 6, bubble butt was a solid 10.

I said screw it and lift in socks for squats and deads

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
My back and biceps workout was utter trash today. Felt extra sluggish and my biceps had a sharp piercing pain during reps.

semtex

Daps
I 187'd my shoulders yesterday :whew: planned on deadlifting today but I barely slept last night so :patrice: