Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I dont understand, is this some sort of jab at me about the whole Soylent experiment? Because if it is then I have a long winded response.

Or is this a reference to someone selling a soy protein meal replacement

It was...:mjpls: I will check out the link @The ADD posted b4 I fully give a valid opinion though.:lupe:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Damn near $100 in protein at the store:

Chicken
Bison
Wild Salmon
Barramundi

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Dont know who them guys are. I generally like to accumulate as much knowledge as I can from multiple sources and weed through the good/bad rather than follow any particular individuals advice

Not referring to anyone in particular, but I kind of feel like people treat what works for them as the 'way' (one of the reasons I dislike diets so much). Even though they could have gotten where they have gotten lots of different ways. Like the questions about rep ranges and stuff, I dont think there is a good answer other than just to eat and lift shyt up and down with intensity.And with the food question I dont think there is a good answer other than dont be a pig and watch your calories

That changes if you have specific and challenging performance goals that require unique training/diet techniques, but I dont. I just like being fit.

semtex

:)
Daps
Dont know who them guys are. I generally like to accumulate as much knowledge as I can from multiple sources and weed through the good/bad rather than follow any particular individuals advice

Not referring to anyone in particular, but I kind of feel like people treat what works for them as the 'way' (one of the reasons I dislike diets so much). Even though they could have gotten where they have gotten lots of different ways. Like the questions about rep ranges and stuff, I dont think there is a good answer other than just to eat and lift shyt up and down with intensity.And with the food question I dont think there is a good answer other than dont be a pig and watch your calories

That changes if you have specific and challenging performance goals that require unique training/diet techniques, but I dont. I just like being fit.
Asprey is the guy in the podcast ADD posted :ld:

semtex

:)
Daps
Funny how deadlifts help my back pain whn I do have it. :bryan: and this is the same exercise that people swear will have you in a wheelchair one day.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Asprey is the guy in the podcast ADD posted :ld:

Just did some reading on him. They guy is a fraud and a snake oil salesman. Dude really sells a specially branded coffee that he claims cures ailments and allows you to eat whatever you want without gaining weight? And that he boosted his IQ 20 points?:heh:

And his diet isnt much different than Paleo/Keto, which confirms my instincts that he is just secrectly tricking people into a caloric defecit. Anyone who tells me that carbs (our body's preferred source of energy) are bad (or uses the word "toxins") immediately gets thrown in the bushes:camby:

I know he wasnt the main guy speaking in the podcast but the agenda is clearer than ever.

EDIT: Also just read that this guy even goes as far to say that vegetable juicing is bad for you. He actually thinks that butter is healthier than kale:heh:. Also, he is on TRT and takes Provogil and was experimenting with amphetamines during his so called high-calorie weight loss journey that he promotes:heh: (not saying TRT is bad, just that it produces unnatural results)

Why has this guy not been run out of the health and fitness community

Last edited:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
No thumbs no forearm pain. :ohhh:

Back on the squatting 3x a week...my lower back pain has subsided from going heavy on that and deads. :salute:

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Gotta evaluate the level of volume now that I'm being strict on cals in an 18-20% deficit Definitely need to cut back the number of movements. I kept Lower Power to:

Squats
Calve Machine
Hex Bar Deads
Front Squats
Leg Curls

Felt good overall, my hips still aren't lose enough to get 100% parallel on heavy back squats.

Upper Power yesterday had me fried, still feeling it today. I'm doing too much on that day.

Down 1.6 on the scale :manny:
I've got a good idea of what my new target weight should be. I think I can get there by July.

Last edited: