Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I can easily go 3 hunnit though and I was bytching out at 275 :sadcam:

And maybe it is. I also don't wrap my knees. Maybe I need to start. :lupe:

My left knee has a slight pain when I do 300+. I wrap mine. Heard it's not good to be dependent on the wraps, but I'll continue as long as my knees get used to it. :ehh:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Keep up the good work brehs... Warm weather is right around the corner

Wide grip pullups gonna have my back and shoulders looking :noah:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey guys please help. I was at the gym today had to go home earlier. I was warming up on the squats. Hit ten reps of 135 no prob. Hit ten reps of 225. No sweat. I started hitting 10 reps of 275 until I felt a sharp pain in my right knee every time I dipped below like 10 centimeters from standing. This is not good at all. What is the problem here :why:
Weird, i'm the opposite. On warming up/doing lower weight my left knee sometimes is like :woah: but doing heavier weight i'm fine :heh:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Did a leg workout yesterday. Didn't do any cardio.
Front squats
95 lbs. x 10 reps
145 lbs x 10 reps
195 lbs x 3 reps; squats 195 lbs. x 7 reps
245 lbs x 1 rep; squats 245 lbs. x 4 reps

Squats
245 lbs x 5 reps
245 lbs x 5 reps
245 lbs x 5 reps
245 lbs x 5 reps
245 lbs x 5 reps
245 lbs x 5 reps
245 lbs x 5 reps

stretching

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
So while I'm stretching, there's these three women working out. One of them was a pawg. You know those trucker mud flaps and the profile of the boobs... that was this woman. :wtf: She came nearby to get some kettlebells. I think she was trying to send some signals... she kind of was humming... and then she walked away. I, of course, missed the signals.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Upper Power:

Pretty good day overall, PR for OHP, flat bench strength is still :flabbynsick:. Having missed last week I'm happy with what I was able to do.

I think I'm going to stop doing IF starting February 2nd. Two meals a day just leaves me feeling like a house and seems to go straight to my gut. I won't eat past 8pm still but a small breakfast in the morning will be on deck.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
If it possible to lose weight and body fat at the same time while retaining muscle. Want to lose this excess few pounds and have a defined midsection soon. I can took a break from lifting for a month due to work (fedex) and came back and still have the same exact strength even th ough I lost about 2 or 3 pounds. If pretty annoying. Everything on me is pretty skinny except this stomach, If I had to guess my bf is around 13-15 right now. Will lifting everyday and a few days of carido as I have been and limiting calories do the trick or am I going to have to do some drastic shyt or sacrifice gains? I have a pretty high protein diet and take creatine as well. In the last two weeks I've already lost 3 or 4 pounds with no noticeable loss of strength though. I'm 5'3 130-132 right now. I think with my current musculature at about 128 I would be fine as far as the definition I am looking for but just want some opinions on this.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
If it possible to lose weight and body fat at the same time while retaining muscle. Want to lose this excess few pounds and have a defined midsection soon. I can took a break from lifting for a month due to work (fedex) and came back and still have the same exact strength even th ough I lost about 2 or 3 pounds. If pretty annoying. Everything on me is pretty skinny except this stomach, If I had to guess my bf is around 13-15 right now. Will lifting everyday and a few days of carido as I have been and limiting calories do the trick or am I going to have to do some drastic shyt or sacrifice gains? I have a pretty high protein diet and take creatine as well. In the last two weeks I've already lost 3 or 4 pounds with no noticeable loss of strength though. I'm 5'3 130-132 right now. I think with my current musculature at about 128 I would be fine as far as the definition I am looking for but just want some opinions on this.

EC stack will help you out. It aint magic but it does help your body metabolize fat as an energy source which assists in muscle retention while cutting. 500 calorie deficit plus EC stack will be your best bet.

Grab a box of Bronkaid (behind pharmacy counter, need ID) and bottle of caffeine pills from Walgreens. 1 Bronkaid and 1 Caffeine when you wake up in the morning, then do the same thing 4 hours later and again 4 hours later.

Your appetite will be severly reduced at first so make sure you don't just quit eating, track your calories. Your heart will probably be beating out its chest the first couple of days so just take it once on the the first day to assess your tolerance. The heart racing feeling will go away after a few days.

I wouldn't take it right before a hard workout. If you workout in the morning, wait to take your first dose until after you are done. Your heart rate will spike high during intense workouts, so if you are doing HIIT then don't take it for at least 4 hours prior.

Make sure your potassium intake is on point. I would cop some Low Sodium V8 and drink a serving or two per day. If you are feeling lots of twitching or soreness in your muscles you might not be getting enough potassium and the EC stack depletes your stores.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
man I want some sustainable shyt though. Am I going to have to use this stuff to stay at a low bf indefinitely?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
No. But you will have to control your calories once you get there. I would only use it for 8 weeks max before going off of it. Once you go off, stop the Bronkaid but don't stop the caffeine or your will get caffeine headaches. Go to 2 pills per day for a week, then down to 1, then stop

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Controlling your calorie intake is the one true answer to your problem, the reason I recommend the EC stack is for both a boost and also for the muscle sparing effects

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
No. But you will have to control your calories once you get there. I would only use it for 8 weeks max before going off of it. Once you go off, stop the Bronkaid but don't stop the caffeine or your will get caffeine headaches. Go to 2 pills per day for a week, then down to 1, then stop

I already am at a 500 or so calorie deficit. I work out find times a week with weights so this calculator said I should be getting 2300, I float around 1500-1800 with minimal fats but probably too many carbs. I was thinking I could probably up my protein intake to like 150 grams a day and just live off of greens after that and cut out most carbs? would that work. I'll look into this caffeine shyt but I would really like to do this as natural as possible

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't recommend down to 1500 but 1800 plus the EC stack and I guarantee you will be seeing visible changes within 2 weeks.

aight, thanks for the help. I look pretty great with a fitted shirt on since I have the v shape already and defined pecs but its pissing me off having to flex or get the light at the right angle to see my abs. Especially as a short nikka I need all the aesthetics perks I can grab :whew: so just to review.

1800ish cals
caffeine
cardio?
still lift to gain muscle?

profit?