Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I already am at a 500 or so calorie deficit. I work out find times a week with weights so this calculator said I should be getting 2300, I float around 1500-1800 with minimal fats but probably too many carbs. I was thinking I could probably up my protein intake to like 150 grams a day and just live off of greens after that and cut out most carbs? would that work. I'll look into this caffeine shyt but I would really like to do this as natural as possible
Why minimal fats? You actually need those within reasonable amounts.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
'Dude seriously just left all 8 of the 100lbs plates on the squat machine and laughed when i looked pissed?!?!'
tumblr_mzgdkcyMmw1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I mean I always re rack the weights but I can't lie and say I wouldn't be amused seeing this scenario play out lol.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Calorie numbers aren't helpful without knowing more about routine though....

Personally, I've been cutting for 3 weeks (and using an EC stack), and I get about 2200-2400 calories a day.

But I'm a basketball official play a lot too, so my maintenance is higher.

My points is that you need to tinker with your calorie intake to find what a true deficit is.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
No. But you will have to control your calories once you get there. I would only use it for 8 weeks max before going off of it. Once you go off, stop the Bronkaid but don't stop the caffeine or your will get caffeine headaches. Go to 2 pills per day for a week, then down to 1, then stop

FWIW, I've read a study that says the EC stack works well beyond 8 weeks. In fact, some say it works better.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Calorie numbers aren't helpful without knowing more about routine though....

Personally, I've been cutting for 3 weeks (and using an EC stack), and I get about 2200-2400 calories a day.

But I'm a basketball official play a lot too, so my maintenance is higher.

My points is that you need to tinker with your calorie intake to find what a true deficit is.

I work out 45-60 minutes four days targeting solely back, arms, legs, and chest those days and use friday as a day for antying I missed. I always lift to gain muscle so my reps are 8 a set. I also do cardio about three times a week as well. Im pretty damn active so its a wonder I am not seeing the definition I want. only thing I can chalk it up to is my bf is a couple % higher than I need it to be. I figure in a month I'll be fine following some guidelines though.

also when you ahve 10-12% bf is it is still possible ot cultivate muscle/mass or is those days behind you at that point

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I mean I always re rack the weights but I can't lie and say I wouldn't be amused seeing this scenario play out lol.
Very few and far i can say it has happened...But its like dudes get a fawckin rise out of it or somethin
tumblr_mlrtufb4vc1r317bvo1_400.gif

like n3gro if you dont get over here and re-rack these big ass weights....

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
FWIW, I've read a study that says the EC stack works well beyond 8 weeks. In fact, some say it works better.
I've read that too, but for me I wouldn't see a need to go past 8 weeks simply because I don't want my BF% to get to an unsustainably low point. 8-10% and I don't care to go any lower.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I work out 45-60 minutes four days targeting solely back, arms, legs, and chest those days and use friday as a day for antying I missed. I always lift to gain muscle so my reps are 8 a set. I also do cardio about three times a week as well. Im pretty damn active so its a wonder I am not seeing the definition I want. only thing I can chalk it up to is my bf is a couple % higher than I need it to be. I figure in a month I'll be fine following some guidelines though.

also when you ahve 10-12% bf is it is still possible ot cultivate muscle/mass or is those days behind you at that point
Generally hypertrophy aka muscle building is 10-12 reps