Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
smh at my health insurance in error giving me a partial rebate on my fitness reimbursement..i put in that work for my 150...not no 84 bucks :beli:...best believe they're going to give the rest of my 66 bucks :birdman:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I had hernia surgery a long time ago. I was still a kid then. So maybe that was a good thing because I got into weight lifting when I got older.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Somehow I have lost all strength on the flat bench. Everything else is increasing upper and lower but that flat bench is damn near regressing.
You may want to alter your bench workout to shock your muscles into growth. Like take your one-rep-max bench press weight, start with 1/3 of that weight. And do sets where you are doing 20 or more reps per set. Don't go up in weight for each set.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
You may want to alter your bench workout to shock your muscles into growth. Like take your one-rep-max bench press weight, start with 1/3 of that weight. And do sets where you are doing 20 or more reps per set. Don't go up in weight for each set.
My max isn't crazy high. Will just a third be enough?

Now that I think about I always struggled with FB even lifting in high school for football.

Unrelated:
Slowly developing a Starbucks habit post workout.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
My max isn't crazy high. Will just a third be enough?
Now that I think about I always struggled with FB even lifting in high school for football.
Unrelated:
Slowly developing a Starbucks habit post workout.
Okay, well, skip the 1/3 weight. Use a weight that you know you can perform 20 to 30 reps to where the last couple reps are very difficult. The first 10 reps of each set are going to be way easy.
Flat bench isn't the be-all end-all for pecs. But going down in weight usually means your body has become accustomed to the same exercise, weight, rep, set, workout program and stops growing.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Hotel fitness room didn't have much to pull a leg workout together. Dialed up HIIT on the treadmill. 30 seconds at 9 and 2.0 incline with 1 minute at 5.5 rest for 10 cycles. Did some wall sits with a 40 DB for 30 ish seconds each, 5 sets. Ended with 30 second planks for 5 sets.

Nothing crazy but I only had one meal yesterday and 5 hours sleep :manny:

Traps still cooked from heavy shrugs yesterday.

Last day having to use the hotel gym. I'm trying to get more dedicated cardio in with one day of HIIT and one steady state day.

I hit all of the upper body for 10-12 reps using body weight and DBs for at least one movement. 30 minutes walking on the treadmill for 2-3 incline, 5 speed.

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
so I have realized that I hate weight training. :snoop: I can push cardio all day but weight training is such a chore. I hate using he machines at the gym... most of the movements are so unnatural.

Any suggestions? :lupe:

semtex

:)
Daps
so I have realized that I hate weight training. :snoop: I can push cardio all day but weight training is such a chore. I hate using he machines at the gym... most of the movements are so unnatural.

Any suggestions? :lupe:
Machines ain't weights baby girl :jawalrus:
Except leg press :lawd:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm paying 60 at golds trying to figure out if I'm being ripped off especially since gyms on post are free. And the reason I started going was because they open at 0400 and the ones on post open at 0500...and have everything golds has...and ain't to many bad bytches working out at 4am.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:ohhh:. hmm... I can do that.

The machines have weights on em tho :lupe: I don't be knowing ... all I do is zumba :krs:

I just need to tone and lose this pudge:wow: been working on my eating and ive been doing good.... on most days:sadcam:
Free weights allow more customization in targeting muscles. With machines if you don't like the movement you don't have a ton of way to vary the movement. Free weight variation is much more open.