Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

semtex

:)
Daps
Hotel gym was stupid packed this morning when I walked by.

I bet I lost a bunch of gains this week.
Bulgarian split squats, pike press, pushups or dips. You don't need it :youngsabo: except for your back bc I'm sure the have a lay pull down machine

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
:dahell: I've been advocating this shyt for years.

especially the deadlifting after squats....

This is the prime routine, for the alpha male on the go / pressed for time...

Ya I agree with the fullbody approach you're talking about. What I did was more like a UD2 power day tho. Definitely not for those pressed for time :pachaha:

Maybe its cause I high bar squat in oly shoes now, thus less low back stress, but last time I deadlifted after squats my low back was limiting the poundage compared to a deadlift-focused sessions. Either way I think I'm going to toy with a full body approach next bulk cycle. Been gravitating towards high frequency-low volume lately.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I worked out today, and I'ma workout tomorrow :birdman: No days off.. even after scary levels of drinking.

semtex

:)
Daps
I found a study that showed chin-ups to be more effective for abs than any direct ab exercise. Trying to relocate it. In my experience these past few weeks that's been true. Abs look brick as hell

bignell

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I found a study that showed chin-ups to be more effective for abs than any direct ab exercise. Trying to relocate it. In my experience these past few weeks that's been true. Abs look brick as hell
Is that just for chinups.. What about pullups also????

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Im gonna have to start hitting the gym in the mornings to avoid the new years crowd. But i hate waking up early :noah:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Luckily during my flabby and sick phase where I was eating too much and not working out, I was working a retail job that involved a lot of lifting and twisting and moving heavy totes so over the years my abs developed nicely even though the rest of my body didn't (shoulders developed too I guess).

Once I shred the fat away to expose my abs they were round and protruding and ok size wise. So I don't worry too much about abs anymore, just do a set of balance ball crunches here and there. But its nice to know that all my chins are helping as well since sometimes I wonder if I neglect them now

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Yeah. if you position you legs forward a little and reduce lower body swing while doing chin or pull ups. it hits the core.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
I think I overstrained my back from deads last time so I took a while off. Came back 2-3 weeks later and deaded 300 like it was nothing. :blessed: