Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
got a question for my brehs. legs are somewhat my lagging body part. i was reading where they say either overtrain them or try doing century sets.

thoughts?

Legs are the biggest muscle in your body.. to overtrain them would be simply suicidal to say the least! If you really want to bring up your lower body I'd subscribe to Squatting atleast twice a week using a ramp up scheme i.e. 5 Sets of 5 Reps (starting with a low weight and working your way to the 5th set which will be your working set). I've seen exponential growth using this program... leg training is very important to me simply because I play alot of football (soccer to you guys) out here and the lower body has got to be solid when going in for that 50-50 strong man tackles & still staying on your feet post crunching :win:

To sum it up you do 5X5 (Heavy weight Low volume approach intially) & squat twice a week breh got those Hamstrings/ Quads Swoled up!

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Legs are the biggest muscle in your body.. to overtrain them would be simply suicidal to say the least! If you really want to bring up your lower body I'd subscribe to Squatting atleast twice a week using a ramp up scheme i.e. 5 Sets of 5 Reps (starting with a low weight and working your way to the 5th set which will be your working set). I've seen exponential growth using this program... leg training is very important to me simply because I play alot of football (soccer to you guys) out here and the lower body has got to be solid when going in for that 50-50 strong man tackles & still staying on your feet post crunching :win:

To sum it up you do 5X5 (Heavy weight Low volume approach intially) & squat twice a week breh got those Hamstrings/ Quads Swoled up!

thanks fam thise 5x5 is something i've been doing (even doing a extra set depending on my energy). what you think about incorporating super sets?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

And get that good depth

Exiled Martian

Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
:lupe:
thanks fam thise 5x5 is something i've been doing (even doing a extra set depending on my energy). what you think about incorporating super sets?

You on the right path don:salute:....Less is more breh don't expend that energy on extra sets..just kill your 25 reps in the power rack & reap the rewards at the dinner table thereafter... keep it short & intense (meaning heavy loading I'm sure you know how 5X5 works with the weekly micro loading). I use super sets (as part of my accessory work after my main lifts i.e squat, bench, pendlay rows, deadlift etc) on the PRECOR machines & DB work...but not for legs as by the time I'm done I feel like I'm moon walking all over the place!

Just remember:

Big Exercises FIRST. Finishing Touches Later ALWAYS....

And get that good depth

What he said^^^^ X 100 ATG (ass to grass) Squats are commando extreme :lolbron: &

like :lupe: said 'Form Follows function'

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally hit 405 on deadlift(s), shyts strange since I really haven't been doing deads (consistently) for some months now. Training for this 5k just has me too :dead: to hit squats the way I want to. I have fallen in love with pullups and chin ups doe.

Exiled Martian

Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
:takedat:
Finally hit 405 on deadlift(s), shyts strange since I really haven't been doing deads (consistently) for some months now. Training for this 5k just has me too :dead: to hit squats the way I want to. I have fallen in love with pullups and chin ups doe.

Those are solid especially doing them WEIGHTED (Chins/ Pulls & Tricep Dips)...the feel post lifting is :noah:...have the whole gym watching you get a Tricep/ Bicep Hard on lol.

This was my topset on weighted Dips last week... 40KG (90ish pounds) around the waist for 8 reps X 3 sets = TRICEP MURDER... I'll soon be doing weighted dips with petite women on my back instead :takedat:.. On the pulls/chins I'm around the 45Lbs benchmark (my bi's are weaker than my tri's)

image_zps4e0275e0.jpg

Daps
trying to hit my bulk macros is a struggle brehs, I end up just gorging myself on milk every night cause I don't wanna eat any more fukkin eggs

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Man these meds got me light headed as fukk in the gym. Almost passed out doing front squat stretches with an empty bar. :what:

Anyway, front squats may be my new favorite lift. People weren't lying when they say its one of the best corrective exercises out there. :banderas:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
saw a dude trying to deadlift in the smith machine... had to tell him to stop that and put the weight on that bar laying on the floor not 5ft away.

when is the proper time for one to start adding weight to dips and pull ups?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
saw a dude trying to deadlift in the smith machine... had to tell him to stop that and put the weight on that bar laying on the floor not 5ft away.

when is the proper time for one to start adding weight to dips and pull ups?
How is that even possible?