Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
Say brehs i've been trying to cut. I'm in the 14-16 bf% range. 5'9.5. I started at 170lb 4 weeks ago. I'm only down to 164lb in week 4. I figure progress is progress and keep doing what i'm doing. That weigh in was Sunday. I weigh myself today - i'm up to 166. Is this normal to have some fluctuation?

I too have the same problem... thats why its advised to weigh in on a set day at the same time (e.g on a Monday morning after you've used the toilet etc)..in all honesty weight fluctuation is expected on a deficit diet...especially if your diet is carb heavy the one day and then low the other. I do alot of carb cycling & so my weight tends to fluctuate all over the place...this nutrition article I was reading advised to NEVER EVER strictly rely on the scale as your sole indicator of weight loss/gain... the following is a guideline to follow when self assessing;

Points to note when determining Weight Gains / Losses:
  1. Use a tape measure. – it doesn’t lie. (Measure in nine places (limbs, chest, stomach in three places and hips) as fat loss is rarely linear.)
  2. Use the scale.
  3. Take photos every two weeks.
  4. Track your strength in the main, compound lifts you perform.
  5. Strength increases correlate well to muscle gains.
  6. Maintenance of strength is a good indicator of muscle retention.
  7. Muscle growth will hide fat loss so don’t just rely on the scale.
  8. When around 15% or lower fat comes off the upper abs first
  9. Same weight as 4 weeks before? Are your strength stats up? Stomach measurements down? If so then that’s progress!

Using the mirror to gauge progress is a natural reaction. However with a cyclical diet like Leangains, use of the mirror alone is a sure way to screw with your head. This is especially true with people that can see abdominal definition. -There are days, and even times of the day where you will look softer or harder than others. Your weight will fluctuate also throughout the week. Why? Because 3-4g of water is sucked in with every 1g of carbs. It’s a natural part of the process and nothing to worry about

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Today
315 x 2

340 x 2

365 x1

The 365 was too dirty for me to count really. I got it off the ground down and back up up it wasn't clean. I jumped up in weight a little much.

That said I'm cooked right now from the entire work out.
Just realized I wasn't typing sets and reps out

315, 3x5
340, 3x5
360, 1x1

That 360 was clean, off the ground down and back-up.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
brehs im bulking but im struggling getting those calories in between meals, and if i do, it's not good calories.

help me out

yall should really get that ON Serious Mass. I gained 10 pounds in 2 months....took me longer than it should've cuz my job is walkin around all day delivering mail so the calories disappear pretty easy.
I wasn't necessarily bulking, i just wanted a few more pounds. And like i said because of my job it was hard to get extra calories in that i needed to gain.

one serving is 1250 calories and 50 protein and a massive amount of Carbs, i can't remember exactly. its a shake obviously. with milk its more than 1250 calories.
It works though. BUT YOU MUST BE WORKING OUT OR YOU WILL GET FAT.

malc

WSGT$
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
yall should really get that ON Serious Mass. I gained 10 pounds in 2 months....took me longer than it should've cuz my job is walkin around all day delivering mail so the calories disappear pretty easy.
I wasn't necessarily bulking, i just wanted a few more pounds. And like i said because of my job it was hard to get extra calories in that i needed to gain.

one serving is 1250 calories and 50 protein and a massive amount of Carbs, i can't remember exactly. its a shake obviously. with milk its more than 1250 calories.
It works though. BUT YOU MUST BE WORKING OUT OR YOU WILL GET FAT.
i've consider grabbing some of that but i'd rather just eat though. I just need some snacking suggestions, you feel me? I already get enough calories in but im trying to convert some of the empty calories into something more 'beneficial'.
Almonds. Or those sunflower kernels
almonds are a fixture whenever they at the house :salute:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Just realized I wasn't typing sets and reps out

315, 3x5
340, 3x5
360, 1x1

That 360 was clean, off the ground down and back-up.

why so many sets at those weights. whats your max on the dead? its gotta be higher than 360. if you are able to do all those sets. You should be pullin 405 or better. By the time you go to 360 ya body isn't about that life anymore.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
why so many sets at those weights. whats your max on the dead? its gotta be higher than 360. if you are able to do all those sets. You should be pullin 405 or better. By the time you go to 360 ya body isn't about that life anymore.
Power leg day It's only 5 real working sets, didn't think that was heavey volume
360 is the highest I pulled

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
i've consider grabbing some of that but i'd rather just eat though. I just need some snacking suggestions, you feel me? I already get enough calories in but im trying to convert some of the empty calories into something more 'beneficial'.

not really following that last part.

malc

WSGT$
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
not really following that last part.
i feel like if i replaced my empty calories like chips, candy, hell even things that aren't that 'bad' like wheat thins or something along those lines, with something that is protein heavy that I currently don't eat very often now as a 'snack'. The only snack I eat that is nice with protein is greek yogurt but im already eating like 20 grams of protein a day of that shyt.

i already get enough calories like I said, I just want to get rid of those empty calories & replace them with some better options.

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
got a question for my brehs. legs are somewhat my lagging body part. i was reading where they say either overtrain them or try doing century sets.

thoughts?