Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I leg press 8 or 9 plates fresh...if I do them after squats I'm lucky to get 3. :pachaha:

semtex

:)
Daps
Completely different...knew a dude who didn't do squats but could 1RM 1000lbs. on leg press. Supplementary exercise machine. :pachaha:

@semtex
DBClean.gif
except with one arm or this ?

just watched the vid. IDK what that fakkit is doing. Start from the floor like you're doing a snatch and drive the weight up.

semtex

Daps
True hip pushups (maintaining forward lean the WHOLE time) are fukkin serious. :ohlawd:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
This guy I hit the gym with squatted 515 last week and fukked up his back.

:snoop:

I don't get it. He'll watch a CT Fletcher or Mike Rashid video and get amped and shyt and go all out in the gym. He had a history of back problems so I don't know why the hell he went that big on the squat rack.
I told u nikkas

Slow and steady wins the race

CT Fletcher got like 90 years of gains and Compton meso genes.... u cant do that in 1 session :damn:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
:sadbron: I know, I just got put on profile. Ran, felt pains, went to the doctor, patella femor syndrome. Therapy for two months. My elbow fukked, I sprained my write on the straight bar. I might have to go back to repping gang man :to: No more high-weight, no no no.

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Guys, I'm a little confused over whether or not I'm getting enough carbs. I'm 6'1, 220 pounds, and want to lose about 10 pounds. Once I'm at a point where I can see my abs, I'll begin to worry about taking in more calories and what not, but I want to know if I continue with this type of weekly diet if I'm getting enough carbs, too much, or too little.

I eat the following things according to serving size for the most part.

- almond butter
- oatmeal
- lots of water
- grapes, cherries, pineapple, and/or mango
- seitan
- black beans, kidney beans, and lentils
- carrots
- almond milk
- sardines
- egg whites
- boca veggie patties
- veggie sausage
- chobani greek yogurt
- hemp seed
- apple cider vinegar
- brocolli
- kale
- spinach
- organic raw honey
- tofu
- salmon or blue fish(about twice a month)
- cream of wheat
- carnation breakfast eseentials vanilla powder (probably the most processed, "unhealthy" thing I have on the regular)

and that's about it. Any things too high in carbs on this list? I try to eat about 2000 cals a day since I'm cutting. My maintenance is 2600.

Generally speaking carbs aren't an essential macro so technically you can't have to much or too little. The key thing is being in a consistent calorie deficit. How much you need is based more on how you feel energy wise and how your body reacts to them. You just have to experiment to some degree. You don't seem to be at a point of having to worry about carb cycling so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Make sure you you are getting at least 180g of protein and about 80g of fats and you should be good for the time being.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Generally speaking carbs aren't an essential macro so technically you can't have to much or too little. The key thing is being in a consistent calorie deficit. How much you need is based more on how you feel energy wise and how your body reacts to them. You just have to experiment to some degree. You don't seem to be at a point of having to worry about carb cycling so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Make sure you you are getting at least 180g of protein and about 80g of fats and you should be good for the time being.

I'm currently trying to burn a decent amount of weight at a relatively fast rate, so I don't worry too much about getting 180 grams of protein a day. When I do that, it makes it pretty hard for me to keep my daily calorie intake where I want it to be while losing the fat. Once that excess fat is gone though I'll be consistently trying to get 170-180 grams a day. For now it's usually anywhere from 120-140 grams of protein. I've been doing this since May and haven't lost any real muscle that I gained while being a fat ass, but the fat is coming off in spades.

TLDR: It's really hard to build muscle and burn a large amount of fat, let alone maintain muscle, but I'm doing a pretty okay job so far, and hopefully by the end of the September I'll be good to go.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'm currently trying to burn a decent amount of weight at a relatively fast rate, so I don't worry too much about getting 180 grams of protein a day. When I do that, it makes it pretty hard for me to keep my daily calorie intake where I want it to be while losing the fat. Once that excess fat is gone though I'll be consistently trying to get 170-180 grams a day. For now it's usually anywhere from 120-140 grams of protein. I've been doing this since May and haven't lost any real muscle that I gained while being a fat ass, but the fat is coming off in spades.

TLDR: It's really hard to build muscle and burn a large amount of fat, let alone maintain muscle, but I'm doing a pretty okay job so far, and hopefully by the end of the September I'll be good to go.

I have to generally disagree 180 grams on 2000 cals is pretty easy with just whole foods alone. Edit, are you vegetarian? You can also definitely maintain what you have and lose a large amount of fat. I agree that building muscle in a deficit isn't likely.

I can't sit here and tell you whats going on with you but most people will agree that being in that 180 range is going to make the process easier. If you are only concerned with numbers on a scale it won't appear that way. On a consistent week to week basis more than 2 pounds per week is losing some muscle unless you are really overweight.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
180g or protein is ~720kcal.... you need about 50-70g of fat to function, so that's another 450-650kcal, leaving ~600-800kcal or 150-200g of fat free carbs

Thats rough

I would fukk with a cycling routine... low carbs during the week, big carb refeed on the weekend.

Also whenever anyone talks about diets stalling I gotta post this

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html

U can't diet forever non stop u will stall.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I have to generally disagree 180 grams on 2000 cals is pretty easy with just whole foods alone. Edit, are you vegetarian? You can also definitely maintain what you have and lose a large amount of fat. I agree that building muscle in a deficit isn't likely.

I can't sit here and tell you whats going on with you but most people will agree that being in that 180 range is going to make the process easier. If you are only concerned with numbers on a scale it won't appear that way. On a consistent week to week basis more than 2 pounds per week is losing some muscle unless you are really overweight.

Yeah, I'd agree with you about 180g of protein while in a deficit not being that hard, but I'm a vegetarian so I don't have access to easy complete proteins like beefs or chickens. Just occasional fish and I try to have eggs at least 5 times a week.

I'm trying to have all the excess fat gone by the end of September, and then I'll make sure I'm getting all I need. I'd be more concerned if I saw a significant loss in muscle, but I haven't. My mentality is even if I lose a little muscle, I will get it back after the fat is gone. That's priority number 1. Thanks for all the advice.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
If you don't have a good amount of protein, you will be losing fat and muscle. That might not be that important to you but you'll be looking at the scales and you will weigh less... but then you look in the mirror and you look exactly the same, same proportion of fat/muscle ratio..... just smaller.

I'm 5'9 and some change.. I used to weigh 80kg. I then lost 10kg but I wasn't watching my protein intake. My body looked very similar from 73/4 to 70kg I was losing muscle. I looked more slim in the face but my body looked largely the same, I didn't understand so I just went harder on my workouts and cardio which lead to some long-term injuries. I ended up putting most of the weight (not as much fat as I made some good muscle gains) back on during rehab.

When I decide to try and get back down to sub 74kg i'm definitely watching my macros better.

semtex

Daps
If you don't have a good amount of protein, you will be losing fat and muscle. That might not be that important to you but you'll be looking at the scales and you will weigh less... but then you look in the mirror and you look exactly the same, same proportion of fat/muscle ratio..... just smaller.

I'm 5'9 and some change.. I used to weigh 80kg. I then lost 10kg but I wasn't watching my protein intake. My body looked very similar from 73/4 to 70kg I was losing muscle. I looked more slim in the face but my body looked largely the same, I didn't understand so I just went harder on my workouts and cardio which lead to some long-term injuries. I ended up putting most of the weight (not as much fat as I made some good muscle gains) back on during rehab.

When I decide to try and get back down to sub 74kg i'm definitely watching my macros better.
getting lots of QUALITY protein is pretty tough. With shakes you're taking in a bunch of chemicals that you can't pronounce nor predict the long term effects of, with tuna you're taking in mercury. Other protein dense stuff is calorie dense as hell. Canned chicken is the most bang for my buck i've been able to get.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Yeah... canned chicken though...............

When I was on my 10kg weight loss I ate tuna or mackerel every single day. Not a thing happened. To this day i'm eating those damn near daily. No Mercury poison yet.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I was doing legs yesterday minding my own business. No headphones, so as usual people want to ask me with advice questions. :stopitslime:

Was doing some ATG and box squats...dude and his chick was nearby on the smith machine doing squats. She had the :ohhh: with the different variations of squats I was doing. So she had some inquires...I answered no problem. She then tells her man she wants to try what I was doing. He responds: "He's fukking brolic you don't want to look like him...that wouldn't be sexy on you. Let's just stick with the basics and keep it simple." :laff:

Two badly built dudes obviously looking in my vicinity.

"Why is his ass so high like those football players?"
"Dude legs is too big his aesthetics is being thrown off."

Wish I was making this shyt up. This is why I usually keep my earbuds in and keep tunnel vision. :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
I was doing legs yesterday minding my own business. No headphones, so as usual people want to ask me with advice questions. :stopitslime:

Was doing some ATG and box squats...dude and his chick was nearby on the smith machine doing squats. She had the :ohhh: with the different variations of squats I was doing. So she had some inquires...I answered no problem. She then tells her man she wants to try what I was doing. He responds: "He's fukking brolic you don't want to look like him...that wouldn't be sexy on you. Let's just stick with the basics and keep it simple." :laff:

Two badly built dudes obviously looking in my vicinity.

"Why is his ass so high like those football players?"
"Dude legs is too big his aesthetics is being thrown off."

Wish I was making this shyt up. This is why I usually keep my earbuds in and keep tunnel vision. :snoop:

lol i feel you

when i do deadlifts, this dude always asks "what is this working? what is the point?" ... i try to explain the concept of compound movements, core strength, etc ... dude is just like "but what part this trains? your arms should be bigger, bro ... this is not hit your biceps, go do that machine" (broken english cuz this is at a gym i go to when i'm visiting here in the middle east)

me - :dwillhuh: