Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
I dont even know how much I weigh. I stopped looking at the scales cuz every week I stepped on a scale it was way diff. One week i was 176 then the next I was 168 then next I was at 173....then I was at 165. These things def are broke or something :dwillhuh: All I know is..Im looking better than ever.

semtex

:)
Daps
as of right now any traps exercise besides those of the olympic variety are in the bushes.

dumbbell clean pulls got upper back/ traps lookin like they belong to someone 20lbs heavier :whoo:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
How can I leg press 700lbs for like 8 reps yet can't push out 5 squats at 220lbs? I know it different but shyt, should it really be that hard?

Completely different...knew a dude who didn't do squats but could 1RM 1000lbs. on leg press. Supplementary exercise machine. :pachaha:

@semtex
DBClean.gif
except with one arm or this ?

Last edited:

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
as of right now any traps exercise besides those of the olympic variety are in the bushes.

dumbbell clean pulls got upper back/ traps lookin like they belong to someone 20lbs heavier :whoo:
whats the difference with shrugs :what:

looks like unnecessary movement to me

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
leaving here early today :blessed:

should be back in nj before 3pm :blessed:

gym will be fukking empty and no one showing up til i'm done lifting, steaming and showering :blessed:

semtex

:)
Daps
whats the difference with shrugs :what:

looks like unnecessary movement to me
its an olympic style lift so by comparison shrugs would be the unnecessary movement. High-pulls are basically a dynamic deadlift.
Completely different...knew a dude who didn't do squats but could 1RM 1000lbs. on leg press. Supplementary exercise machine. :pachaha:

@semtex
DBClean.gif
except with one arm or this ?

cant view the vid now but you start from the floor on each rep. Then snatch it up but don't go overhead.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
i've been poking around the net at more of these true olympic lifts and stumbled on these "panda pulls." this chinese dude is beasting :whew: this is just one of those lifts i know is not for me, but pretty impressive to watch other people do.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
How can I leg press 700lbs for like 8 reps yet can't push out 5 squats at 220lbs? I know it different but shyt, should it really be that hard?

That's why I don't like or use the leg press machine. It's not real strength, and it seems like everyone can load up a bunch of 45lb plates and rep em out. I see some people's body language as they press a ton of plates with partial reps like they're really doing something, but I just smh and keep it moving with my squats.:ld:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Guys, I'm a little confused over whether or not I'm getting enough carbs. I'm 6'1, 220 pounds, and want to lose about 10 pounds. Once I'm at a point where I can see my abs, I'll begin to worry about taking in more calories and what not, but I want to know if I continue with this type of weekly diet if I'm getting enough carbs, too much, or too little.

I eat the following things according to serving size for the most part.

- almond butter
- oatmeal
- lots of water
- grapes, cherries, pineapple, and/or mango
- seitan
- black beans, kidney beans, and lentils
- carrots
- almond milk
- sardines
- egg whites
- boca veggie patties
- veggie sausage
- chobani greek yogurt
- hemp seed
- apple cider vinegar
- brocolli
- kale
- spinach
- organic raw honey
- tofu
- salmon or blue fish(about twice a month)
- cream of wheat
- carnation breakfast eseentials vanilla powder (probably the most processed, "unhealthy" thing I have on the regular)

and that's about it. Any things too high in carbs on this list? I try to eat about 2000 cals a day since I'm cutting. My maintenance is 2600.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Get your squats up b.

:ufdup:

If you do leg press and squats on the same day, just do squats first and focus more. All that weight on the press machine is overrated.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR