Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I know I'm new to this shyt but I almost had to go in on someone in the gym today:

It's peak time after work, I was going to finish legs with the leg press but a couple got on there just before me. Fukk I'll do bulgarian splits but I decided to do them off the top of the decline bench to change the angle and at the time all the other benches were taken and the decline is hardly used. did the first set and it felt different than being on a lower bench but good and i was feeling it. Halfway through a dude ask how many sets I have left:

Me: 2 :manny:
Him: Can I use the bench?
Me: :beli:, I'm in the middle of my sets
Him: Well can you move over there?
Me: :merchant: don't ask me to move to another machine in the middle of work

At that point i turned around and got back into my routine. I finish up and dude finally moves to the bench to do some mother fukking decline sit-ups............get all the fukking way out of here.

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
i agree with this actually

1. shes either wearing heels or on her tippy toes in the second pic
2. she rolled her hips back

id say she put 2" on her ass at best
I think the question that needs to be asked here is....

Would you smash?

I'd probably tear up "both" asses and kim...

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
@Spliff, I got these peak 400 for free from my last order off of bodybuilding.com, this is the main ingredient:

Promera_Sports_PEAK_400_info.PNG

I am pretty curious to try it out, and from what I read the A5TD ingredient increases ATP. My question is do you think I could take this on depletion work out days, or would it affect the depletion process? I am still not that well informed in the relation between ATP levels and depletion of glycogen, my bad.

Thanks.

If it does what it says it does, then no I wouldn't use it on depletion days for the same reason you wouldn't use creatine. ATP is what your cells use directly for energy, derived from glucose, fatty acids, and resynthesized by creatine during short burst activities. By ingesting external sources of energy during depletion, you're hindering your body's need to use stored energy. In this case, muscle glycogen.

If you don't care about a little less efficient use of muscle glycogen then by all means. Otherwise I'd save it for tension and power days.

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Just wondering if it's an age thing when people start to take a week off from the gym...unless you got injuries? I take a week off and lose like 2 weeks of gains. :yeshrug:

Seems like I'm underestimating my strength or I'm just afraid of failing...first time I went over 75lbs. on incline db. Got 95lbs. for reps. Same for db shoulder press..never went over 65lbs. knocked out 75 for reps. :ld:
dawg I take a week off, every sohh weeks. like 8-10 weeks...

I don't see any real reduction in mass. If anything I come back bigger than before and fresh, due to the extra time my muscles had off to recover...

Take break brehs...

Breaks = injury free lifestyle....

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
If it does what it says it does, then no I wouldn't use it on depletion days for the same reason you wouldn't use creatine. ATP is what your cells use directly for energy. By ingesting external sources of energy during depletion, you're hindering your body's need to use stored energy. In this case, muscle glycogen.

If you don't care about a little less efficient use of muscle glycogen then by all means. Otherwise I'd save it for tension and power days.

cool, thanks breh.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
dawg I take a week off, every sohh weeks. like 8-10 weeks...

I don't see any real reduction in mass. If anything I come back bigger than before and fresh, due to the extra time my muscles had off to recover...

Take break brehs...

Breaks = injury free lifestyle....

Addicts make excuses to use their drugs all the time. :ahh:

My best friend's sister always making moves at me...especially when I come over with the tank tops. :damn:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Just wondering if it's an age thing when people start to take a week off from the gym...unless you got injuries? I take a week off and lose like 2 weeks of gains. :yeshrug:

Seems like I'm underestimating my strength or I'm just afraid of failing...first time I went over 75lbs. on incline db. Got 95lbs. for reps. Same for db shoulder press..never went over 65lbs. knocked out 75 for reps. :ld:

either way I still remain active...I got a pool, basketball court, and tennis court in my complex...I still get my exercise

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I know I'm new to this shyt but I almost had to go in on someone in the gym today:

It's peak time after work, I was going to finish legs with the leg press but a couple got on there just before me. Fukk I'll do bulgarian splits but I decided to do them off the top of the decline bench to change the angle and at the time all the other benches were taken and the decline is hardly used. did the first set and it felt different than being on a lower bench but good and i was feeling it. Halfway through a dude ask how many sets I have left:

Me: 2 :manny:
Him: Can I use the bench?
Me: :beli:, I'm in the middle of my sets
Him: Well can you move over there?
Me: :merchant: don't ask me to move to another machine in the middle of work

At that point i turned around and got back into my routine. I finish up and dude finally moves to the bench to do some mother fukking decline sit-ups............get all the fukking way out of here.
Cool story, breh.

Seriously, that dude was a joke.
But, when someone asks and I've got a lot of plates on the barbell, I'm okay with responding, are you doing squats too. You can work in while I'm taking a break.
If they are going to use the rack for something else, they'll be like, I was going to do curls. You know, they can do their barbell curls outside of a power rack. But, it's like they are going to get elbow cancer or something if they don't do it in a power rack. :comeon:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Had to snap a shot of dude right here at the gym today.

Breh still hittin' them weights with the cast on his leg.
Well, if his doctor cleared him, that's fine. I, personally, lean towards being on the safe side and do stuff on machines. You can go heavier at 100% without the possibility of something going wrong.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Cool story, breh.

Seriously, that dude was a joke.
But, when someone asks and I've got a lot of plates on the barbell, I'm okay with responding, are you doing squats too. You can work in while I'm taking a break.
If they are going to use the rack for something else, they'll be like, I was going to do curls. You know, they can do their barbell curls outside of a power rack. But, it's like they are going to get elbow cancer or something if they don't do it in a power rack. :comeon:

The funny part was that I had similar issues just before that. When I got there the squat rack was being used, I asked and the guys said they had 3-4 sets left. I said cool and started with something else and came back. After I got on a guy asked if he could jump in with me and it wasn't an issue. When you ask how many sets they have left and they say two AND its a different exercise than you. Just go do something else. And it wasn't like I was on my phone in between sets.