Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
isnt doing chest and triceps the same day kind of like sabotage? because your triceps help support when doing the bench press and going heavier on flat db flyes

i used to do opposing bodyparts when I first started because it was easier to remember, chest/back, biceps/triceps, shoulders/legs

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
I prefer to think of it as just depleting the rest of the juice left on the tris after chest or bi's after back.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I swear I been aggy as hell in the gym lately. Super annoyed by dudes that feel the need to lift right in front of the weight rack to the point I have to reach around them to grab the dumbbells.

Sick of the people texting or on the phone while the gym is crowded as fukk.

Sick of idiots walking too close while I'm in the middle of a lift throwing my focus off cause now I'm trying to make sure I don't hit them.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Bruh, I caught an abdominal crap on the toilet after the race Thursday. I have never been so confused in my life.

Imagine getting that shyt while lifting. It was a day or two after I had worked abs. Forgot what exercise I was doing but them cramps hit and I damn near passed out. Thought I was passing a kidney stone or something the pain I was in.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I'm back to squatting 3 times a week...strictly ATG over parallel...I find it more comfortable. I'm just following SL format for legs and go up 5lbs. each session. I just started at 185 to get my legs used to the DOMs. :whew:

Benny P

Registered Rican
Daps
Just used my HRM for a 47 min workout (got to get it in where I can).

583 calories burnt. :wow:

Accurate heart rate. Accurate calories.

I dropped from 186 - 181 in about a week. I'm sure most of it was water weight, however, I did notice that my strength has gone down. Way too drastic of a loss in a week to sustain my strength levels.

Also, I'm doing a modified PHAT.

(Friday - Monday)
Day 1: Upper Power Day / Cardio
Day 2: Chest/Shoulders Day / Cardio
Day 3: Cardio
Day 4: Back/Biceps Day / Cardio

Days 5-7 (Tuesday - Thursday): Work days/Rest days.

I know, I know where's the legs? I stopped doing legs because my legs kept growing. I literally ripped my suit pants...and suits are DAMN expensive. So cross trainer daily. I get some leg stimulation, but not nearly as much as squats/deadlifts. Oh well, too poor to afford new suits right now.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
There's something about listenin to smooth ass music after a rigorous workout. :ahh::ahh::ahh:

When I dig into them 70s and 80s classics :ohlawd:

Last edited by a moderator:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
So last week I learned a couple of lessons that I probably should have already known:

1. Warm ups really help :manny:

So for the last few weeks I'd been stalling on my military press. I was trying to hit 145 lbs, five sets of three. Normally I'd just start at 145 and see where it took me, but I decided for some reason to warm up first. So I did three reps with the empty bar, then three reps with 25 lb plates. And when I went for 145, I kind of breezed through it. I don't know if I want to attribute it only to warming up first, but I feel like it really helped a lot.

2. Mind over matter

So on Saturday I was about to start my push ups (five sets until I tire). On my first set, I hit 30, so I decided to go for 100 total. On my second and third sets I did 20, and on my fourth and five sets I hit 15. My shoulders were burning and crying out :noah:, but the rush I got from hitting my goal was all worth it. :smugbiden:

Of course my shoulders were :dead: for the dips later, but at that point I didn't care. I just didn't think I could do it, but I did :ld:

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Was working out with some of my guy friends the other day and now im all kinda fukced up :wow:

The task was 3 sets of 100 jump rope, 100 lunge, and 100 squats...

Bruhs, when I tell you I was about to throw the hell up half way through looking like :sadcam: and :wtf:

The next day I woke up and I could barely walk. :sadbron:

Hell, even today walking was still a struggle :wow:

I can only fukc with that type ish maybe 1-2xs a week. Not everyday :whoa:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
Been consistent with my workout for a couple weeks now and I can definitely see a difference in my body :stylin:. My little pudgy stomach is slowly but surly going away :blessed:. My legs are toning up, and so are my arms. I feel good since I am eating clean and I dont sleep half bad either :ahh:.

Let me see it[/Pimp C]

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Just found out you can't or at least shouldn't mix fruits and veggies when you juice. Apparently it defeats the whole purpose, causing you to mjss out on nutrients, since they each require a different emzyme to be digested. The only safe fruit to juice with your veggies is an apple.

Sent via Super Samsung GIII via Master Roshi's Island

Link please. I do a spinach shake with 2 cups spinach, 1 apple, a few grapes and a quarter cup of 100% fruit juice every night.