Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
for me theres a threshold on reps to where it no longer is effective to add more, and thats 12.

when im working reps up I do this:

New Weight #
8 >>ramp up>>12

2 weeks later
Weight + 5lbs or 10lbs
8 >> ramp up>>> 12

after 12 reps i dont know if its worth it(for hypertrophy atleast)

since i'm doing stronglifts i've been adding weight constantly. but since i'm gonna stop strong lifts in about a months, you 8-12 rep things seems like a good model to follow.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Do you even lift? :what:

low key i dont know who produces your shirts but they fit me perfectly :wow:

since i'm doing stronglifts i've been adding weight constantly. but since i'm gonna stop strong lifts in about a months, you 8-12 rep things seems like a good model to follow.

im doing PHAT(well atleast a modified version)

on hypertrophy days i do the 8-12 ramp up. Now mind you i dont necessarily start at 8. I shoot for 12 so it would go

12 reps
10 reps
8 reps(close to failure)

next week

as long as im within 2 reps of 12 i clear myself to move up in weight. But for me its no rush on hypertrophy considering the volume. Especially the last exercises. The speedsets im moving up 2.5lbs each week though.(i do weighted dips/chinups instead of pendlay row/flatbench)

im doing 20lb weighted dips/chins for reps

and my power day weighted dips/chins are at 57.5lbs(deloaded back to 50) and still going up :ohlawd:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous

on hypertrophy days i do the 8-12 ramp up. Now mind you i dont necessarily start at 8. I shoot for 12 so it would go

12 reps
10 reps
8 reps(close to failure)

next week

as long as im within 2 reps of 12 i clear myself to move up in weight. But for me its no rush on hypertrophy considering the volume. Especially the last exercises. The speedsets im moving up 2.5lbs each week though.(i do weighted dips/chinups instead of pendlay row/flatbench)

and my power day weighted dips/chins are at 57.5lbs(deloaded back to 50) and still going up :ohlawd:

:ohhh: thats pretty impressive since i think we are roughly the same size, but you've been at it longer than I. i was contemplating doing PHAT, but there isnt a 3 day split doing that shyt. i should be able to do more than a 3 day split after august tho.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
:ohhh: thats pretty impressive since i think we are roughly the same size, but you've been at it longer than I. i was contemplating doing PHAT, but there isnt a 3 day split doing that shyt. i should be able to do more than a 3 day split after august tho.

thats the thing, i only lift 4 days a wekk :skip:

i omitted leg hypertrophy day

i definitely have a physical job and im not about them gains that bad :dro:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
thats the thing, i only lift 4 days a wekk :skip:

i omitted leg hypertrophy day

i definitely have a physical job and im not about them gains that bad :dro:

:russ:i understand, i'm not about calf hypertrophy, for whatever reason, calf DOMS is the worst out of all muscles on me. i need to be able to walk

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Man I was depressed as shyt about something yesterday, got it in at the gym and I was on top of the world :ohhh:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ

12 reps
10 reps
8 reps(close to failure)

next week

Gotta buy me a weighted belt...this new one doesn't have one. :to:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
had a shytty power workout. think im not leaving myself enough time to do work since my gym closes at 7 on saturdays. those 3-5min rests between sets would only allow me to do so much so today i could only do chest/back/legs :shaq2:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
had a shytty power workout. think im not leaving myself enough time to do work since my gym closes at 7 on saturdays. those 3-5min rests between sets would only allow me to do so much so today i could only do chest/back/legs :shaq2:

LONG AS YOU DON'T STOP WORKING OUT COMPLETELY :youngsabo:

325 x8 REPS SQUATTING. THAT FELT SO GOOD BREHS :shaq:

SMITH MACHINE THOUGH :upsetfavre:. I HAVE NO SPOT SO :manny: