Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
@Spliff, final question about UD2, if you don't mind

The book says you should load up on creatine on your carb load/refeed days, but doesn't mention creatine intake for the other days (depletion days). Is it safe to assume you are not supposed to take creatine on those days as they may interfere with glycogen depletion, or does it not matter either way?

Last edited by a moderator:

semtex

:)
Daps
glad i've always been a wide grip cat, I can't do close because I have a long wingspan so a close grip upright just seemed dangerous and awkward to me. you don't even have to go all that heavy when you widen up to get humbled and full of that lactic acid.

-P-
yeah I do very high reps w upright rows that's what I respond to best. I've tried doin them heavy for lower reps but it just seemed like a waste of time. Felt nothing in my traps.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
@Spliff, final question about UD2, if you don't mind

The book says you should load up on creatine on your carb load/refeed days, but doesn't mention creatine intake for the other days (depletion days). Is it safe to assume you are not supposed to take creatine on those days as they may interfere with glycogen depletion, or does it not matter either way?

Yup.

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We don't have a "random food thoughts ect" thread so I figured I would post it here.

I have been doing tons of research on all of the additives, preservatives, pesticides, ect that are in our foods and I made the decision to eat cleaner and more raw than I used to.

To be honest, that shyt scared the hell out of me and I MUST take my health more seriously.

I want to try eating less processed foods and more whole foods and organic meats. Today I did good.. had a salad, apple, carrots, green tea, and tons of water. I also had raw cabbage in lite Italian dressing as a snack which is actually not that bad.

I have realized that I can be in the gym all day long, but if I don't take care of the inside of my body and making sure my organs are in tip top shape then it is all pointless.

Boy C

SPC
Daps
Got this overweight chick interested in me :smugfavre:

I'd love me some vagina but I can do better. I guess if it's up for grabs I should not be complaining.. I mean, I am fit and healthy.. I should be attracting Crossfit ladies..

Vagina doe :gladbron:

:deadmanny:

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
Got this overweight chick interested in me :smugfavre:

I'd love me some vagina but I can do better. I guess if it's up for grabs I should not be complaining.. I mean, I am fit and healthy.. I should be attracting Crossfit ladies..

Vagina doe :gladbron:

:deadmanny:

I see what you did there:bryan::ufdup:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
We don't have a "random food thoughts ect" thread so I figured I would post it here.

I have been doing tons of research on all of the additives, preservatives, pesticides, ect that are in our foods and I made the decision to eat cleaner and more raw than I used to.

To be honest, that shyt scared the hell out of me and I MUST take my health more seriously.

I want to try eating less processed foods and more whole foods and organic meats. Today I did good.. had a salad, apple, carrots, green tea, and tons of water. I also had raw cabbage in lite Italian dressing as a snack which is actually not that bad.

I have realized that I can be in the gym all day long, but if I don't take care of the inside of my body and making sure my organs are in tip top shape then it is all pointless.
:smugbiden:

Don't forget the protein

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
what if you're upping your reps, and not more weight?

i'm semi mad, cuz i weighed myself and i aint gain shyt this week... but my dip reps went up

for me theres a threshold on reps to where it no longer is effective to add more, and thats 12.

when im working reps up I do this:

New Weight #
8 >>ramp up>>12

2 weeks later
Weight + 5lbs or 10lbs
8 >> ramp up>>> 12

after 12 reps i dont know if its worth it(for hypertrophy atleast)

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
i think the 7-7-7 (21s) routines is very beneficial started doing this about a month and i notice the fullness in my arms. better contraction if you pyramid up in weight.

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
The article from @semtex was a good read:thumbsup: I think when I was doing close grip, shyt was tearing up my rotator. RC injuries are funny..that damage accumulates. It doesn't happen overnight.

RC healing but very slowly:noah: