Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I ate 1/2 cup plain low-fat greek yogurt (fage) with a little vanilla extra and a tsp of sugar. 86 cals, 11.5g protein and 9g of carbs. Chobani vanilla yogurt has 17g of carbs and yopa vanilla has 15g. I think the plain with additions may be my go to from now on. Plus buying it in the larger size is cheaper and I can control how much I eat at once. I'm trying to stick to no more than 50g of carbs per day.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I ate 1/2 cup plain low-fat greek yogurt (fage) with a little vanilla extra and a tsp of sugar. 86 cals, 11.5g protein and 9g of carbs. Chobani vanilla yogurt has 17g of carbs and yopa vanilla has 15g. I think the plain with additions may be my go to from now on. Plus buying it in the larger size is cheaper and I can control how much I eat at once. I'm trying to stick to no more than 50g of carbs per day.

Why?

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
Ran to the gym yesterday and when I got there was completely out of it. Was doing my upper body power day which is my favorite day too. Started my second set on bench and wanted to walk out. Thank god I ran to the gym and was too lazy to walk/run home. Stuck with the work out and ended up saying for 1 and 1/2 hours then went on and ran the two miles home like it was nothing. Feels so good to get to a point like that and push your self through just to prove you can with no help from stimulants or supplements

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
No real reason other than I want to see what type of results I can get from low-carb/high-protein. Also I wouldn't do this forever, I'm thinking of trying carb cycling but the goal is to get a good low carb foods list together first.
Youre gonna lose a lot of body fat, but if you do any lifting in the gym your energy levels will be low. My wife lost like 10lb in 4 days when she went to Sweden... all she ate was spinach and salmon.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Youre gonna lose a lot of body fat, but if you do any lifting in the gym your energy levels will be low. My wife lost like 10lb in 4 days when she went to Sweden... all she ate was spinach and salmon.

wow, nice!

I don't know if I could rock that though. Not the salmon and spinach but eating it 4 days straight. I get bored after about 2 days of eating the same thing, which is why getting a food list together is important for me. I applaud people that can do that though.

As far as energy goes, I'm never energetic in the gym lol I always have to push myself to go. Probably wouldn't be much different.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
wow, nice!

I don't know if I could rock that though. Not the salmon and spinach but eating it 4 days straight. I get bored after about 2 days of eating the same thing, which is why getting a food list together is important for me. I applaud people that can do that though.

As far as energy goes, I'm never energetic in the gym lol I always have to push myself to go. Probably wouldn't be much different.
It wasnt the exactly the same stuff all the time... but it was a lot more meaty and way less carb + sodium loaded than the typical American diet.

I think a balance of 40/40/20 for protein/carbs/fat is a good balance for maintaining weight. I would maybe go 50/30/20 for weight loss. You will really feel it in the gym though

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It wasnt the exactly the same stuff all the time... but it was a lot more meaty and way less carb + sodium loaded than the typical American diet.

I think a balance of 40/40/20 for protein/carbs/fat is a good balance for maintaining weight. I would maybe go 50/30/20 for weight loss. You will really feel it in the gym though

Ahhh Ok. I'm just going to give this a trail run and I'm going to work with those percentages you just dropped. My doctor and nutrionist told me I should be doing low carb like a year ago but I never really tried it so I figured I'd give it a go now. My goal in a few years is to be eating completely clean. Trying to ween off the processed food and perhaps switch to partial raw foods diet. I've been looking into vegetarian options as well. Just something different but I'm looking a few years in the future. Not really trying to be 40 something eating fast food, even if it's in macros.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Ahhh Ok. I'm just going to give this a trail run and I'm going to work with those percentages you just dropped. My doctor and nutrionist told me I should be doing low carb like a year ago but I never really tried it so I figured I'd give it a go now. My goal in a few years is to be eating completely clean. Trying to ween off the processed food and perhaps switch to partial raw foods diet. I've been looking into vegetarian options as well. Just something different but I'm looking a few years in the future. Not really trying to be 40 something eating fast food, even if it's in macros.

:ehh:

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
Too many birthdays and celebrations this past month and a half. Which means waaaaaaaaayyy to much food, cake and ice cream.:to:

Doing Slimfast to get me back on track. Been doing it for a week so far. Its actually not bad:ld:. I havent been hungry at all. Lost 3lbs too. Im doing it for 1 more week, then its back to regular food.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Being a big dude visiting a new gym is funny (new la fitness location). It's almost a study of people. You sort of get used to certain reactions and such just because of people's insecurities or whatever but "meatheads" (20 something white boys usually) go out of their way to hit you with the "I'm not intimidated by you" look like they'll stare until you feel eyes on you. I generally don't make eye contact with folks because I'm not trying to add to the meathead myth and I like to zone out. It's just amusing.

Hit a 460 deadlift x3 which is a PR. I wanna crack 5 bills by summers end.

-P-

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
@puppetmaster :russ: i'm one of those people lol i cant help it . If i visit a new gym i always look at the big ass dudes to see how much they are lifting :heh:

Anyway so yall hoes still not gonna put me on to a 5 day PHAT routine :beli:

Last edited by a moderator: