Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I found that it is heavy squats (hand placement) that is giving me pain in elbow area. :noah: Been searching the net for tips but couldn't find anything that is any different as far as technique goes. :damn:

Sidenote: Beer is def going to be the death of my midsection gains.:noah:

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
I found that it is heavy squats (hand placement) that is giving me pain in elbow area. :noah: Been searching the net for tips but couldn't find anything that is any different as far as technique goes. :damn:

Sidenote: Beer is def going to be the death of my midsection gains.:noah:
How many days a week do you drink beer? I've cut back to once a week but still scared it gonna kill my gains

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My sister in law just won 1st place in her class this weekend at an NPC event. She has 4 more shows to go, and hopes to get her pro card by July. Lots of chicken and asparagus to come. I'm very proud of her. She motivated the whole fam to get back on their game.

semtex

:)
Daps
Weights are especislly nice this time of the semester to remind me that I'm a human and not a studying machine

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I was working out today, started my own PHAT routine to kind of switch things up. The T-bar row was over by the Smith machine where two :flabbynsick: dudes were doing bench press, with heavy weights. Another nikka was with them, and he was going real light on the weights. I asked if anybody was using the T-Bar, and the lead nikka in the group was like "if u work out with us, I can get you right" I look at the nikka like :usure: Cause I had already been in there and done five sets of bench, five sets of DB incline press, and these nikkas had not moved away from that smith machine. Then come to find out they had been there a half hour earlier. Dude was an old head, about 60 years old :blackexcellence:, but didn't look no more than late 40s. But his gut and his man's gut didn't make me want to train with them. I go in during my "lunch" period, and I ain't got time to be fiddling around with the Smith for an hour. The nikka actually told me, "you work out like us, you can eat about whatever you want" :wtb:

I'm Chillin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Any tips on how to effectively deal with imbalances? Did some isolation work and found out my right glute is way stronger and I suspect this is why I've been having problems with my left hip flexor from squats. That posterior chain aint firing up properly!

Bless me with that quick fix brehs :ahh:

1 leg leg press and Bulgarian split squats should even you out

Oye

Random
Daps
Did much better this week. Last week I almost dropped a 135# dumbbell directly on my face doing bench today I did 140 # dumbbells without too much trouble. My strength varies a lot from week to week might have to start eating more.

I'm on my last five pounds...I'm excited and committed to finishing strong.

Lets go jogging together and hold each others feet while doing situps :noah:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
man wtf. i get to the gym at 10:15 knowing they close at 11 and this fukking place is packed as if it were 5pm. its never this crowded at that time! thats my time to go, its my gym at 10:15 :damn:

every bench and squat rack was taken, so i guess weighted pullups, pushups, and sit ups will have to suffice til tomorrow. hope this isnt a trend.