Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everyone has their own reasons for training.
Critiques should happen when someone is clearly doing something wrong or when people ask for it.

But more than anything should come guidance and encouragement, not snarky comments because someone hasn't reached or isn't seeking some arbitrary strength benchmark.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not a huge fan of Hadi Choopan and some of these tiny bodybuilders these days.
Hadi won the '24 Arnold Classic but a 5'7 guy will just never impress me in terms of physique. Him and then Derek Lunsford winning the Olympia...it's a matter of opinion but I just don't get it.

To go from Yates and Coleman to these guys, it's just a clear downgrade in my mind.
But the sport does seem to be growing so I guess that's something.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

nikkas got time to PMS on the coli but don't got time to track macros, huh? Bet.
Kevin Hart

Dukes that don't know what they're doing are gonna question The Whey, huh? Makes you wonder why they bothered to ask a question if they already knew the answer. :skip:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
nikkas got time to PMS on the coli but don't got time to track macros, huh? Bet.
Kevin Hart

Dukes that don't know what they're doing are gonna question The Whey, huh? Makes you wonder why they bothered to ask a question if they already knew the answer. :skip:
We’ve also been here a while and every few months someone pops up to ask for advice and then push back on said advice to some degree.

I use to type dissertation but I don’t have time and have to be more direct.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
We’ve also been here a while and every few months someone pops up to ask for advice and then push back on said advice to some degree.

I use to type dissertation but I don’t have time and have to be more direct.

You ain't lied.

Some of the new dudes seem to pick it up (like @trap101) and some of them dudes would still be arguing when these coli servers turn into dust and still won't have made any progress.

You can't save em all, word to Lemillion. :francis:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I'm not a huge fan of Hadi Choopan and some of these tiny bodybuilders these days.
Hadi won the '24 Arnold Classic but a 5'7 guy will just never impress me in terms of physique. Him and then Derek Lunsford winning the Olympia...it's a matter of opinion but I just don't get it.

To go from Yates and Coleman to these guys, it's just a clear downgrade in my mind.
But the sport does seem to be growing so I guess that's something.
The 90s and early 20s were stacked. Guys like Flex Wheeler and Kevin Levrone probably win 2-3 Olympias if they competed today.