Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Daps
Lol you have a career as a writer for a hood novela in your future.

Once again, I think everyone is missing out on what I'm saying in this thread. I'm not flabby our out of shape. In fact, I was pretty muscular up top a few years ago. Back when I was, I didn't track so maybe that why I got on the fatter side. That and a combination of probably drinking and not doing any cardio. I certainly don't have suboptimal genetics as I am pretty strong, just working on my lower body now which I never did so it's a new process.

The only reason I started lower body is because in physical rehab for my knee they said to strengthen my whole leg to support the knee cartilage and to give me more boost in BJJ.

The work ethnic thing sounds cute but I'm 30, commute into the office 4x a week, do BJJ for 1 hour and 30 minutes, weight train 2x a week and basketball 1x a week so once again bs.

I'll go by yall game plan and start tracking and look up more quad exercises and maybe do a morning lift session If I do bjj at night.
Well at least there is some context here to work with. It appears your main focus is BJJ and everything else is just an accessory to that.

So time for the bad news. You'r not going to get near the objectives you set out (bigger quads and definition).... The reason: you don't train enough. What you want to achieve are bodybuilding goals and require a good amount of frequency a week. There is a huge misnomer out there and I hinted to it when I joked about the general public thinking lifting weights is "easy". Just as you practice amd train in BJJ with a plan towards fighting in local contests or even as simple as working on new skills, it takes dedicated training towards that task. Bodybuilding is the same (it is literally in the name). Your goals are bodybuilding goals. Unfortunately it comes down to choosing what your current priorities are....If you want to get jooicy big boy quads that burst out the short shorts that these gen-z'ers be rockin.:dame:... then you will have to prioritize hard gym work (min 4 times a week). It also requires planning. That includes training and diet because what you are attempting to do is "build" your body.

Again if your priority is not that and you want to stick with BJJ that is fine. Your decisions are not terminal amd can always be adjusted. I do still suggest learning about how to optimize your diet and weight training protocols because that will have benefits for your BJJ and overall health.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Well at least there is some context here to work with. It appears your main focus is BJJ and everything else is just an accessory to that.

So time for the bad news. You'r not going to get near the objectives you set out (bigger quads and definition).... The reason: you don't train enough. What you want to achieve are bodybuilding goals and require a good amount of frequency a week. There is a huge misnomer out there and I hinted to it when I joked about the general public thinking lifting weights is "easy". Just as you practice amd train in BJJ with a plan towards fighting in local contests or even as simple as working on new skills, it takes dedicated training towards that task. Bodybuilding is the same (it is literally in the name). Your goals are bodybuilding goals. Unfortunately it comes down to choosing what your current priorities are....If you want to get jooicy big boy quads that burst out the short shorts that these gen-z'ers be rockin.:dame:... then you will have to prioritize hard gym work (min 4 times a week). It also requires planning. That includes training and diet because what you are attempting to do is "build" your body.

Again if your priority is not that and you want to stick with BJJ that is fine. Your decisions are not terminal amd can always be adjusted. I do still suggest learning about how to optimize your diet and weight training protocols because that will have benefits for your BJJ and overall health.
Appreciate that. This is good advice, I will probably start doing 2 a days then and do Gym and BJJ and start tracking more. Just copped some Rotisserie chicken, greek yogurt, spinach and rice. Going to start tracking and eat more carbs as well.

Daps
Appreciate that. This is good advice, I will probably start doing 2 a days then and do Gym and BJJ and start tracking more. Just copped some Rotisserie chicken, greek yogurt, spinach and rice. Going to start tracking and eat more carbs as well.
Those are all good foods, but you still need to have a grasp. of what's going on. Build a framework.... I'm startimg to sound like a shill the amont of times I have recommemded the book, but for a good broad understanding of what to do I highly suggest The Renaissance Diet 2.0 by Renaissance Periodization. It isn't overly complex and provides examples. As for books on training @xXMASHERXx recommemded a good foundation one: Startimg Strength........if you are resourceful enough the are certain "libraries" that can be a "genesis" to your path to discovery.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
It really isn't that hard honestly. Before you know it l, you're going to be asking yourself why you didn't do it sooner. Heck, you'll probably see a performance increase in bjj as well.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Relax, muscles on muscles on muscles. I didn't know it was just steroids. I thought it was all encompassing, like any type of boost or additive

Imagine being a weak fukk nikka thinking that #POWDA! is gear but having the nerve to talk shyt. :gucci:

Go somewhere, bone on bone on bone, before your picture ends up on some dusty hoes' t-shirts. :camby: