Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
:dame::dame:

Super pause incoming but a few post's ago I wrote I was trying to grow my legs more. I surprisingly have big calves because when I used to only do upper body back in the day, I made sure I did calve raises. so they are kind of brolic.

The problem is, for leg day, I only do hip abduction (heavy weight), Squats, (225 for 5X5) and Leg Extension-195 4X10, 230 X 3X10.

I feel like my hips and ass are growing pause pause, but not seeing as much definition as I would like in my quads. Like my pants literally feel tight around hips and thigh area, but I'm not seeing that cut and line in the quads.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Super pause incoming but a few post's ago I wrote I was trying to grow my legs more. I surprisingly have big calves because when I used to only do upper body back in the day, I made sure I did calve raises. so they are kind of brolic.

The problem is, for leg day, I only do hip abduction (heavy weight), Squats, (225 for 5X5) and Leg Extension-195 4X10, 230 X 3X10.

I feel like my hips and ass are growing pause pause, but not seeing as much definition as I would like in my quads. Like my pants literally feel tight around hips and thigh area, but I'm not seeing that cut and line in the quads.
I wish you well on your quest for gains.

And I hate to be THAT GUY....but I think you meant to type "hip adduction" and not "hip abduction".

:dame:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

Why is that your leg day routine?

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I wish you well on your quest for gains.

And I hate to be THAT GUY....but I think you meant to type "hip adduction" and not "hip abduction".

:dame:
Thanks and yea my bad, that hip joint. I felt like when I first starting doing squat's I couldn't, I looked it up and research stated my hips were tight. So I started stretching and doing that machine, because it turns out I need looser hips for BJJ as well, but wth I don't wanna look like I have a BBL

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina

You want definition, you gotta unfat. No way around it.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:

Dude ain't even hit all his muscle groups, and you know them lightweight squats prolly higher than a kite. :dwillhuh:
I actually felt bad asking the question but didn't know what else to say. Not a shot at you @RealCrownHeights but this is why it's always suggested to people that they follow an established routine rather than try to create something for themselves.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Well only one of those three movement is 100 targeted to your quads……..

Are you even eating in a caloric surplus to gain muscle?

Last edited:

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
Okay forget the definition, how to I just put size on them. Between BJJ and Basketball, my cardio is more than fulfilled for the week
You squat like crazy and eat many delicious animals. If you really want to fill out those jeans, find a program that has you squatting at least twice a week. You want to squat so much you have dreams about them.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Forgot how important rest days are. skipped day before and yesterday and I'm full of energy and can't wait to be back in the gym today :wow: