Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
Being 200+ at this height is mandatory. Everything is better. :unimpressed:

Brb heaux love the extra mass, and dudes don't want smoke like that.
Brb I can get away without wearing a jacket more, even in the winter.
Brb the body armor at work fits better and is easier to wear because you weigh more.
Brb looking more brolic in and out of clothes. (NH)
Brb the titties can't stay in these large and sometimes extra large tank tops.
Brb 220 and 242 are easier to compete at than 198 and 181 in powerlifting.

That being lanky shyt is wack, I ain't ever going back. :birdman:

Do I feel heavier/slower? No, but I'm not a track star or boxer/MMA fighter, so even if I did the tradeoff would be negligible. :yeshrug:

Keep bulking I must :wow:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
What y'all think about the 5/3/1 lifting program?

Just finished my first week of it and it was coo and figuring out where to move to next once I finish the 3 week program up or just redo my maxes and run it again with the new weight factored in.

5/3/1 is great for certain applications. I've been using 5/3/1 inspired programs for over 7 years and have seen great gains from them. The cycles in 5/3/1 are generally too low-volume for what I like to do, even including higher-volume accessory and assistance work.

IMO 5/3/1 is made for "rugular" gym folks and not gym rats; it was originally designed to take the guesswork out of going to the gym.

Will it make you the strongest powerlifter or best Olympic lifter? No.
Will it keep you making steady progress on the Big 4 and keep you fit if you follow the program to include the conditioning? Yes.

If you want to progress as fast as possible, look somewhere else. If your goal is purely hypertrophy/size/aesthetics, look somewhere else. If your goal is general strength and "fitness" and includes something that can be done indefinitely, well there you go.

No aggy, but it sounds like you haven't read the book(s) on 5/3/1 by Mr. Big Jim Wendler. :dame:

There is no "3 week program" for current iterations of 5/3/1, there are only different cycles meant to be ran continuously. If you found this 3 week program as a standalone online, you're prolly 5/3/1ing wrong.

There is no benefit to only doing a program for three weeks and then moving on. You won't have any appreciable muscle mass gained in that time, and the strength gains or losses will be minimal and impermanent. Either stick with it for a longer haul or switch to something that's not meant to be ran like that. :yeshrug:

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
5/3/1 is great for certain applications. I've been using 5/3/1 inspired programs for over 7 years and have seen great gains from them. The cycles in 5/3/1 are generally too low-volume for what I like to do, even including higher-volume accessory and assistance work.

IMO 5/3/1 is made for "rugular" gym folks and not gym rats; it was originally designed to take the guesswork out of going to the gym.

Will it make you the strongest powerlifter or best Olympic lifter? No.
Will it keep you making steady progress on the Big 4 and keep you fit if you follow the program to include the conditioning? Yes.

If you want to progress as fast as possible, look somewhere else. If your goal is purely hypertrophy/size/aesthetics, look somewhere else. If your goal is general strength and "fitness" and includes something that can be done indefinitely, well there you go.

No aggy, but it sounds like you haven't read the book(s) on 5/3/1 by Mr. Big Jim Wendler. :dame:

There is no "3 week program" for current iterations of 5/3/1, there are only different cycles meant to be ran continuously. If you found this 3 week program as a standalone online, you're prolly 5/3/1ing wrong.

There is no benefit to only doing a program for three weeks and then moving on. You won't have any appreciable muscle mass gained in that time, and the strength gains or losses will be minimal and impermanent. Either stick with it for a longer haul or switch to something that's not meant to be ran like that. :yeshrug:
Oh no I get you and yeah I didn't mean do it for 3 weeks and stop, I meant more do the 3 weeks plus the de-load week and then find my 1 rep max again and start back over and keep progressing.

I prolly should of worded it better on my end.

Yeah this is something I wanna stick to and then evolve the routine from there.

If dude has a book on it, I'll definitely check it out.

:salute: for the response breh.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Oh no I get you and yeah I didn't mean do it for 3 weeks and stop, I meant more do the 3 weeks plus the de-load week and then find my 1 rep max again and start back over and keep progressing.

I prolly should of worded it better on my end.

Yeah this is something I wanna stick to and then evolve the routine from there.

If dude has a book on it, I'll definitely check it out.

:salute: for the response breh.

Yeah, that's the old version of the program (aka OG). 5/3/1 Forever has what is supposed to be a lifetime's worth of templates laid out between Leaders and the Anchors that follow, designed to be ran continuously.

The "deload every 4 weeks" thing was repealed after Wendler realized it wasn't necessary for most average gym bros to cut their volume and intensity to nothing 25% of the time they're training. If you're TMs and assistance work are set up correctly, there's no need to deload every 4th week.

On the updated version (Forever) you're generally running two or three 3-week cycles back to back and then: you're either testing your TM, go for a PR, or deloading every 7th week now, unless the previous cycles (Leader) was designed to be ran differently.

After running 1-3 cycles, depending on your experience level and the template's setup, you run an Anchor cycle or 2, where you decrease volume and increase intensity in the barbell movement.

I'd recommend buying 5/3/1 Forever (or downloading the PDF, there might be one linked in the fitness books thread) and reading through it if you plan on running it long-term and aren't powerlifting. [5/3/1 For Powerlifting and Beyond 5/3/1 versions are probably better for PL than OG or Forever.]

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Yeah, that's the old version of the program (aka OG). 5/3/1 Forever has what is supposed to be a lifetime's worth of templates laid out between Leaders and the Anchors that follow, designed to be ran continuously.

The "deload every 4 weeks" thing was repealed after Wendler realized it wasn't necessary for most average gym bros to cut their volume and intensity to nothing 25% of the time they're training. If you're TMs and assistance work are set up correctly, there's no need to deload every 4th week.

On the updated version (Forever) you're generally running two or three 3-week cycles back to back and then: you're either testing your TM, go for a PR, or deloading every 7th week now, unless the previous cycles (Leader) was designed to be ran differently.

After running 1-3 cycles, depending on your experience level and the template's setup, you run an Anchor cycle or 2, where you decrease volume and increase intensity in the barbell movement.

I'd recommend buying 5/3/1 Forever (or downloading the PDF, there might be one linked in the fitness books thread) and reading through it if you plan on running it long-term and aren't powerlifting. [5/3/1 For Powerlifting and Beyond 5/3/1 versions are probably better for PL than OG or Forever.]
Right on breh, I didn't know he updated his approach. I didn't know there was a fitness book thread on here, so I'll look through it and find that PDF.

:salute:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

This man preaching:whew: