Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Like everyone said, whatever goals you trying to reach just come with consistency. You can go into the gym and specialize your training, but why do that over 10 pull ups? Especially if you're newer to the gym and going to be making significant gains over the next few months.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That wouldn’t be a problem if I could actually do them well. Like other things you can start off with lower weight but I’m a large human with long arms. I can bench body weight but pull ups a different beast.
Keep your legs closed together as you ascend and descend and clench your glutes tight before you raise.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Never really saw the allure of pull-ups. I weigh 200+ pounds and can pull (or chin) myself up 10+ times but so what? :hubie:
(Folks can miss me with the long arms excuse too unless their wingspan is topping my 6 foot 8. :stopitslime: )

Never had anyone in real life ask about my BW or weighted pull-up numbers and very few folks comment irl, even if you've got 3 plates hanging by your balls. :dame:

FWIW nobody cares how many pull-ups you can do outside of CrossFit, the Marine Corps, or thecoli. :yeshrug:

But if that's your goal, worry about getting in shape first and then work on getting your pull-ups up.