Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Never really saw the allure of pull-ups. I weigh 200+ pounds and can pull (or chin) myself up 10+ times but so what? :hubie:
(Folks can miss me with the long arms excuse too unless their wingspan is topping my 6 foot 8. :stopitslime: )

Never had anyone in real life ask about my BW or weighted pull-up numbers and very few folks comment irl, even if you've got 3 plates hanging by your balls. :dame:

FWIW nobody cares how many pull-ups you can do outside of CrossFit, the Marine Corps, or thecoli. :yeshrug:

But if that's your goal, worry about getting in shape first and then work on getting your pull-ups up.
It’s just a thing in the gym that I’ve never been good at and I want to. Other shyt comes easy but this.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
It’s just a thing in the gym that I’ve never been good at and I want to. Other shyt comes easy but this.

Again, it's a niche thing that nobody cares about except for you, which is fine. Some other shyt will always be naturally easier than what you suck at, that's how strengths and weaknesses work. :skip:

If you're honest with yourself you'll prolly find you're either not in very good shape and/or you don't do them often enough.

If you're doing a bro split that's your first problem right there. Start doing one pull-up for ever barbell or dumbbell pressing rep and see how easy they become.

But all of these subsequent posts are pointless. You have your advice.
- Lose the extra weight first.
- Fix your programming if it's shytty.
- Increase the frequency to increase overall volume.
- Buy a pull-up bar so you can knock out reps at home.
- Strengthen your lats, middle back, rear delts, and biceps.

Do all of that and if it doesn't work, then come back. :manny:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I'm upgrading some of my home gym equipment, and looking to sell my equipment. My equipment is in excellent condition and has anybody had succes with selling your equipment?

Daps
Feel like sysyphus brehs.

Early dec I was close to 315 bench, was squatting 385 for reps and my deadlift was 515.

Went on a trip and then came back and got sick, missed basically a month.

I'm out here struggling to get 460 off the ground and barely squatting 345 for 1 rep. And the less said about bench the better:snoop:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Feel like sysyphus brehs.

Early dec I was close to 315 bench, was squatting 385 for reps and my deadlift was 515.

Went on a trip and then came back and got sick, missed basically a month.

I'm out here struggling to get 460 off the ground and barely squatting 345 for 1 rep. And the less said about bench the better:snoop:
A few more sessions and you'll be back to normal after that muscle memory kicks in...